The Museum Reception/Program Sales Assistant provides switchboard services for OMSI, greets guests, and provides sales, customer service and clerical support for Program Sales and other Retail departments. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming telephone calls from outside guests and provide information.
- Greet visitors and provide basic paid job information, such as the OMSI application form, job postings on the Employment Opportunity bulletin board and volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of events happening museum-wide.
- Maintain staff phone directory and knowledge of position functions so as to accurately connect callers.
- Maintain recorded information available to the public via the phone tree.
- Manage museum room scheduling system and coordinate with internal departments to book their meeting or event.
- Provide sales and clerical support for Program Sales and other Retail departments, responsibilities to include: data entry, contacting clients, typing, filing, contracts, and weekly reports.
- Promote and cross-sell OMSI's programs to callers and clients as appropriate.
- Work with the Program Sales Manager to ensure that department standards and needs are met for workflow, schedules, budgets and other tasks and processes.
- As a representative of OMSI to the public, maintain a high degree of professionalism and appearance.
- This position is non-exempt, paid hourly
- This position is on-call, scheduled for
OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science & Industry - 23 months ago
Founded in 1944 and one of the nation's top ten science museums, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is a world-class tourist...