St Paul's United Methodist Church in Redondo Beach, California is seeking a Church Music Director.
The Music Director oversees the musical aspects of the life of the church, including leading music for worship services, accompanying, and directing the choir.
The Music Director works in cooperation with the Pastor and Leadership Committee to create meaningful, creative, and faithful worship. This is a salaried position.
1. Music Director
2. Choir Director / Bell Choir / Praise Team
- Be an integral part of the ministry team.
- Choose, in coordination with the Pastor, hymns and service music appropriate to the themes of worship and seasons of the church year.
- Lead music at weekly worship services, as well as special services as required in the church year.
- Invite and facilitate congregation to participate in music program.
- Attend monthly Leadership Committee meetings, for coordination of church ministry.
- Write quarterly articles for church newsletter.
- Recruit and coordinate musicians both within and outside the church.
- Manage music budget, licensing, and instruments.
- Pursue continuing education in relevant skills, with support from the worship budget.
- Recruit and support choir members.
- Plan and lead choir rehearsals, currently Thursday nights and Sunday mornings.
- Plan and lead bell choir rehearsals, currently bi-weekly on Sundays after service.
- Plan and lead praise band rehearsals, currently Thursday nights.
- Conduct the choir on Sunday mornings and for special services.
Position Expectations and Schedule:
- Perform service music. Lead and support congregational singing.
The position is approximately 12-hours per week. Regular attendance is expected at all weekly Sunday services, all seasonally appropriate worship services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday), choir rehearsals, bell choir rehearsals, praise band rehearsals, and Leadership Committee meetings.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
The United Methodist Church - 15 months ago
The United Methodist Church was formed in 1968 when The Methodist Church and The Evangelical United Brethren Church united. Today, The...