The Counter Manager represents Lord & Taylor and its
ideals of service and quality to the customer. Counter
Managers must always be ready to assist customers with
product selection and ensure that the customer's Lord &
Taylor experience is a positive one. Professionalism and
product knowledge are essential qualities for a
successful Counter Manager. Counter Managers must have
strong people skills and be comfortable with developing
and fostering client relationships. Counter Managers are
responsible for generating individual and counter sales
by accurately determining customers' needs and
completing sales in a friendly efficient manner. Counter
Managers may manage one or more Beauty Advisors and must
have excellent leadership, organizational and
communication skills. Counter Managers and Beauty
Advisors report to an Area Sales Manager.
customers immediately. Intersell when necessary.
- Work in front of the counter and approach all
and key products in neighboring bays.
- Achieve daily sales and clientelling plans.
- Develop comprehensive product knowledge of own line
- Perform 5 skincare consultations or make-overs
- Open new charge accounts, minimum 1 per week for all
- Continually build and utilize clientele file:
- Must add a minimum of 3 clients a day to their
during GWP time.
- Must contact 5 clients a day, 10 clients a day
"in-store" and daily "at counter" events.
- Manage efforts to develop, plan and execute
- Provide intersell training on key products for
of the business.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet the staffing needs
- Ensure counter is adequately stocked, cleaned and
Taylor dress code standards.
- Wear vendor supplied uniforms and maintain Lord &
procedures and maintain all safety standards.
- Enforce loss prevention and shortage control
policies and procedures.
- Maintain all specific cosmetic line standards,
Additional Accountabilities for Counter Managers with
one or more Beauty Advisors on the team
environment and motivate/develop staff to improve
- Partner with ASM to create a positive work
plans and train BAs on how to improve performance.
- Communicate and monitor sales / IPT / clientelling
techniques and cross train department on key
- Train/develop BAs on product knowledge and selling
to promote sales.
- Ensure BAs plan and implement special events daily
- Minimum of 3+ years selling experience.
- Engaging personality.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Lord & Taylor - Stores - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard