KeyLogic is seeking a NASA GN&C Systems/Software Engineer . This position will be located in Fairmont, WV. In Fairmont, WV, we support NASA’s Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program, delivering analysis, validation and verification of safety and mission-critical software for important NASA science and human exploration programs.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Performs technical task planning and supports the Project Lead in the execution and control of the tasks.
- Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Performs IV&V analysis of systems and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source code, and the developer’s unit, build, and systems integration test products.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements.
- Conducts software hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety and mission critical software systems to ensure the system will not do what it is not supposed to do and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- Interacts directly with targeted development program personnel providing a suitable interface for the program to gain access to the results of IV&V analyses.
- Leads small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Supports IV&V project lead directly as knowledgeable reviewer of IV&V products and services.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Minimum Qualifications :
- To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience and expertise with NASA or military programs involving spacecraft/satellite guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C) systems (algorithm design and software implementation). Emphasis on Attitude Control Systems.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other software-related engineering program, OR an additional 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Work experience with all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test) is required.
- Familiarity with software architecture, systems engineering, and verification and validation.
- Must be able to read and understand C or C++ source code to verify correct, complete, and consistent implementation of software requirements and behaviors.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
Desired Skills :
- Experience and familiarity with NASA or military programs involving spacecraft systems such as fault protection/management; autonomy systems; vehicle system management; redundancy management systems and software; flight dynamics; software safety; and mission assurance.
- Familiarity with UML, service oriented architecture, and agile processes.
KeyLogic Systems - 16 months ago