Welcome to D&B, where critical business decisions can be made with confidence.
D&B (NYSE: DNB) is the world's leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, enabling companies to Decide with Confidence® for more than 171 years. Today, D&B's global commercial database contains more than 225 million business records, and is a trusted partner for many customers around the world. We provide answers whether checking a company’s credit, deciding who to do business with, finding business leads, or spotting new business opportunities.
Since 1841, we've given companies the insight they need to realize their potential... and we can do the same for you!
At D&B, your success is our success, and we are committed to your development. If you want to be part of a dynamic and growing company and want the opportunity to make a difference, this is the place for you. Teamwork has long been something we value highly at D&B and for good reason. We work collectively to bring the best out in ourselves and each other to deliver on our aspiration.
At D&B, we lead with our values. All of our activities and decisions are based on and guided by these values:
- People - Treat all people with respect and dignity; value differences
- Quality - Pursue an unrelenting quest for quality; use speed and simplicity to achieve goals
- Integrity - Conduct ourselves with the highest level of integrity and business ethics
- Customers - Place the interests of customers first; our success depends on their success
- Teamwork - Commit to teamwork; seek out and utilize the ideas and skills of all associates
- Performance - Reach for the highest standards of performance; show a passion for winning
Sales - Responsible for acquiring new business revenue by positioning D&B’s DUNSRight value proposition and developing business relationships for D&B’s risk management, sales & marketing and supply management solutions. Revenue will be acquired solely through the development of new customer acquisition. Prospect for, identify, and cultivate sales lead opportunities within a defined set of prospects in a defined geographical territory.
Client Relationships – While building relationships with all clients, acquire and maintain knowledge about customers’ business practices and functions, particularly in risk management, sales & marketing and supply chain management; understand the relationship between the customers’ business and how D&B’s products/services help overcome their challenges and capture opportunities. Prepare and deliver DUNSRight value presentations to executive-level audiences. Effectively manage and communicate with manager and sales team regarding the sales process, and be proficient in use of sales force automation tools.
Account Planning - Lead the planning process with the team leader and other sales support team members in the area through quarterly detailed account planning process for each account. Account planning for each account will include: Accounts D&B spend forecast, assessment of account’s needs, proposed steps for growing account spend including introduction of new products/solutions/services.
Performance - Responsible for meeting and exceeding overall new business revenue targets through the acquisition of new customers within the assigned prospect base.
Industry Knowledge - Remain knowledgeable about key business trends and communicate pertinent insights to prospective customers.
- Demonstrated sales ability (identify, nurture and close revenue opportunities); assertive, persistent, good listener, and self-motivated.
- 5 years of experience in acquiring and developing new business relationships in a business/professional services environment.
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding quota-driven goals.
- Excellent negotiator, strong presentation skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic skill level in SFDC or some CRM/SFA experience desired (navigating views, entering information, pulling reports, etc)
At D&B we value the diversity of perspectives that result from a variety of life experiences: ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, genders, and other factors. Ours is a winning culture where we work together as a team with a clear focus on common goals and where team members are able to grow, develop and contribute to their fullest. Since 1841, we've given companies the insight they need to realize their potential... and we can do the same for your career.
As an industry leader, we offer world-class compensation and an exceptional benefits package. As well, you will enjoy an environment that recognizes and rewards your accomplishments.
D&B is an equal opportunity employer.
For The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, there's no business like "know" business. The company, known as D&B, is one of...