The NCAA Skiing Committee is requesting applications from interested individuals to serve as the NCAA Skiing Secretary-Rules Editor. It is essential that applicants have an extensive knowledge of NCAA skiing rules, as well as national standards (US Skiing Association) and international rules (Fédération Internationale de Ski, FIS) for Alpine and Nordic disciplines. A modest stipend is paid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record rules changes adopted by the committee and update the rules manuscript accordingly;
- Adhere to publishing deadlines in submitting updated or new material for publications;
- Ensure the technical accuracy of the rules in submitting them for publication and in proofreading the corrected version;
- Facilitate production of finished artwork of diagrams or equipment that the committee wishes to include in the published rules;
- Act as the official interpreter of the rules between meetings of the committee;
- Copy NCAA staff liaison by electronic mail on rules interpretations;
- Collect rule proposals and create working document for committee deliberation at annual meeting;
- Report to committee at annual meeting key issues and interpretations given throughout the year;
- Attend NCAA Skiing Championships as official rules interpreter of the committee, as requested;
- Calculate the Region Allocations for the NCAA Championships;
- Complete start seeding charts for each competition at the NCAA Championships; and
- Perform other duties as the committee chair and NCAA staff may direct.
Preferred Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor†s degree (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Ability to relate effectively with officials and coaches on a national level (essential).
- Extensive knowledge of NCAA skiing rules, as well as national standards (US Skiing Association) and international rules (Fédération Internationale de Ski, FIS) for Alpine and Nordic (essential).
- Strong administrative and organizational skills (essential).
- Ability to use electronic mail as a means of correspondence (essential).
- Ability to use computer technology as a means of education (essential).
- Experience in officiating or coaching at the collegiate level (preferred).
- Currently not serving as a collegiate head coach or as an active official (essential).
Application Process: Before November 1, 2013, send letter of application, resume and two letters of recommendation from an NCAA coach, official, commissioner or others involved with intercollegiate skiing to:
NCAA Playing Rules and Officiating
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 6 months ago