The position of rules interpreter is the NCAA†s commitment to improving the overall quality and consistency of judging throughout collegiate women†s gymnastics.Send letter of application, resume and three letters of recommendation from NCAA coaches, judges, commissioners, supervisors or others involved with women†s gymnastics not later than September 9, 2013, to: Bradley Woodward, coordinator, playing rules and officiating, NCAA, P.O. Box 6222, Indianapolis, IN 46206; firstname.lastname@example.org . The anticipated starting date is October 7, 2013.
National Collegiate Women†s Gymnastics Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record rules changes adopted by the committee and update the rules modifications list accordingly;
- Adhere to deadlines in submitting updated or new material for the modifications mailing;
- Ensure the technical accuracy of the rules and ensure that language of NCAA modifications reflects not only intent of rule but consistency and ease of application/interpretation;
- Facilitate production of finished artwork of diagrams or equipment that the committee wishes to include in the modifications mailing;
- Act as the official interpreter of the rules for the coaching and judging communities between meetings of the committee;
- Attend the championships, as the official rules interpreter of the committee, as requested;
- Attend National Association Collegiate Gymnastics Coaches/Women (NACGC/W) convention, National Association of Women†s Gymnastics Judges (NAWGJ), USA-Gymnastics and annual NCAA Women†s Gymnastics Committee meeting to facilitate discussions on rules modifications as needed;
- Communicate NCAA rules changes to the governing sports authority responsible for rules education and video productions.
- Assist in development of the survey to be sent to coaches, officials, and conference commissioners;
- Copy the NCAA staff liaison on rules interpretations given by electronic mail;
- Develop and coordinate annual rules test for judges in conjunction JAS assignor;
- Serve as a liaison to USA Gymnastics and to ensure consistency and compliance with Junior Olympic Code of Points Level 10; and
- Perform such other duties as the committee chair or NCAA staff may direct.
Preferred Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor†s degree (essential).
- National rating (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Ability to relate effectively with judges and coaches on a national level (essential).
- Extensive knowledge of Fédèration Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG) and Junior Olympic Code of Points Level 10 and their relationship to collegiate judging mechanics and techniques (essential).
- Strong administrative and organizational skills (essential).
- Ability to use electronic mail as a means of correspondence (essential).
- Five years experience in judging or coaching at the collegiate level (preferred).
- Candidate may not be an active collegiate judge or coach (preferred).
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 13 months ago