- Manage and monitor the documentation process for all loans originated by Capital Impact from time of loan approval through post-funding – commitment letter review, documentation review and version management, due diligence and “conditions” management, and final document review, signing, disbursement and documentation package to servicing department.
- Work with outside counsel on drafting of transaction documents and in some cases prepare legal documentation using existing form documents.
- Review counsel prepared loan documents to ensure their conformance with approval terms and conditions, require amendments to ensure compliance, and seek loan officer’s comments on business issues.
- Gather all needed collateral information to process loans.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures in the areas of loan documentation, closing, funding, set-up and post-closing follow through.
- Perform such due diligence as ordering and reviewing title reports, environmental audits, surveys, insurance, appraisals, flood searches, UCC searches, and organizational documents.
- Assist with the research and engagement of third party vendors that are most appropriate to match borrowers.
- Expedite the loan closing process through effective written and oral communications with Borrowers, Loan Officers, Attorneys, and third party vendors.
- Attend Deal Team meetings and closing calls as required.
Policies and Procedures
- Lead post closing reviews to obtain missing or pending items and manage closing attorney’s adherence to established standards for collection and submission of closing documents.
- Control collection and payment of closing fees.
- Proactively communicate with Borrowers, Lenders, Attorneys and third party vendors in order to meet closing expectations.
- Proactively analyze and recommend changes to improve policy compliance, workflow, covenant and exception tracking.
- Participate in a collaborative team to facilitate efficiency and accuracy and effective work flow.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com .
- Bachelor's Degree and Paralegal Certification is a must.
- 5 to 7 years in loan documentation, loan closings, and real estate administration.
- 5 to 10 years commercial and real estate loan documentation and closing experience, with some experience with complex transactions.
- In-depth knowledge systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with file-sharing systems and document imaging systems.
- Knowledge of Loan Accounting Systems.
- Understanding the variety of form documents and understanding when they are appropriately used is essential to this role.
- Good customer relations and communication skills, especially the ability to translate legal requirements.
- Ability to collaborate across teams.