Bloomberg's R&D Network Design & Information Security (NDIS) group is responsible for the design, architecture, development and security for Bloomberg's internal and client-facing global network, security, and virtualization infrastructure. The NDIS group is looking for a Network Security Engineer to provide operational support for firewalls, proxies and router filters within Bloomberg networks. This includes operational requests, emergency troubleshooting, and other project oriented duties. Excellent communication skills are required to interface with other employees who are both technical and nontechnical. You will join a tight-knit group of engineers who are enthusiastic about technology. Team members are expected to provide ideas and develop solutions for complex and interesting problems. Our team is expected to follow through and solve problems, even if it means analyzing packet captures for a week. You will need to eventually be able to troubleshoot production problems quickly and with ease. Our team members are expected to work in an open environment sharing information and ideas with coworkers and other internal groups.
The Network Security Administrator will be responsible for:
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contribute to the design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Working closely with Operations Teams to help maintain/upgrade network security infrastructure.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems.
- Ensuring network communications across the security perimeter adhere to security policies
- Troubleshooting and resolving all firewall and proxy issues
- Troubleshooting traffic passing firewalls and proxies via logs and packet captures
- Facilitating security audit processes
- Automating manual security tasks
- 5+ years related experience in a enterprise or service provider environment
- Strong, current CheckPoint and BlueCoat experience at the enterprise level required
- Experience with multiple site firewall installations, including highly available clusters required
- UNIX/Linux scripting including at a minimum Bash and Python or Perl required
- Experience with Juniper/Netscreen and PaloAlto firewalls preferred
- Experience with Juniper and Cisco Router ACLs preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical abilities including packet capture analysis.
- Strong in-depth technical knowledge in security engineering, computer and network security, strong authentication and security protocols.
- Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, SSL, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, VLANs and BGP.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, routers, firewalls and security devices.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and multi-task several projects.
- Experience in building network management tools and creating detailed documentation
- The individual should work well under pressure, grasp new ideas quickly and be able to thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Bloomberg is a company dedicated to helping solve complex challenges through insight and information. Our strength—quickly and accurately...