Amtec is currently recruiting for an NDT Inspector-II for a contract to hire position located in South El Monte, CA. The qualified candidate will visually and dimensionally inspects, welds, welded areas, rough material, finish machined parts, subassemblies an assemblies to ensure conformance to specifications, also perform to obtain repeatable results and interpret liquid penetrant test using certified materials and procedural techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads blueprints or engineering military and commercial specifications to obtain product information such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensional requirements.
- Measures dimensions such as length, height, and distance, between reference points to ensure product meets specifications.
- Locates reference point on part and measures dimensions such as angle, arc, and radii.
- Visually inspect and perform liquid penetrant testing as required.
- Review materials chemical and physical certification and test reports against specification requirements.
- Review of coatings, NDT, welding, certifications against specification requirements.
- Perform First Article Inspection to SAE AS9102 Standards and Customers requirements.
- As NDT Level II inspector, receives instructions from work orders and engineering specifications, build documents, manufacturing processes, standard procedure, or other approved product descriptions.
- Verifies suitability of process plans and tooling to assure compliance to engineering requirements or approved specifications.
- Furnishes necessary information and assistance to responsible departments for preparation of log books, planning sheets, process plans, process reviews, audits, test procedures, etc.
- Uses level III approved NDT inspection procedures and/or customer specifications.
- Sets up and verifies the calibration of tools and devices to conduct inspection.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of welds in various stages of manufacturing to applicable standards and specifications.
- Performs liquid penetrant ensuring the penetrant materials used are compatible with the material being inspected, that the type and method and sensitivity of the penetrant, developers, emulsifiers and removers are of the correct type to ensure proper inspection results as required by the acceptance/rejection criteria.
- Interpret, evaluate and documents results in accordance with applicable standards, specifications and procedures.
- Reports finding on nondestructive testing reports nonconformance reports and inspection records.
- Performs required functional tests and maintains documentation/records as required.
- Keeps test equipment work area clean and orderly.
- May perform the work outlined in the job description for Mechanical Inspector 'A'.
Previous experience in the surveillance of specification and processes. Possess in-depth knowledge of shop math in order to perform calculations for the inspection of parts, knowledge of inspection methods and gauges used in mechanical inspection to verify conformance of purchased or manufactured product to print specifications. Experience with standard inspection tools such as Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gauges, Threaded Plug gages, Threaded Ring Gages, V-Blocks, Optical Comparators, Profilometers required. Must be proficient in the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing based upon ANSI Y14.5M practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or minimum of two years experience in the inspection of welds, forgings, casting and machined surfaces of non-ferrous alloys; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in Quality Control in an Aerospace environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification required in NDT Level II for visual inspection and liquid penetrant inspection.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct and control specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it seems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous description for this position.
CareerBuilder - 14 months ago