Provides all aspects of Respiratory Care to patients in assigned areas according to hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED:
Varies ' patient age group defined by each clinical area
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform routine Respiratory Care in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures including (EF):
a. Administer and monitor treatment modalities
b. Prepare, administer, and monitor medication delivery
c. Administer gas therapy
d. Assess each patient's cardiopulmonary status
2. Accurately document all patient care and respiratory related activities in
Clinivision and adhere to other hospital documentation requirements. (EF)
3. Performs Advanced Respiratory Care procedures in accordance with established
Departmental policies and procedures including (EF):
a. Implements, monitors, and evaluates ventilatory support
b. Evaluates patients and recommends therapeutic interventions
c. Completes specific training on new procedures with documented proficiency
d. Assists with the development , implementation, and data management of protocols
e. Serves as a member of the departmental assessment team.
4. Advances clinical knowledge as demonstrated by participation in optional education opportunities and attends all required in-services. (EF)
5. Serves as relief charge therapist and maintains required training on charge duties including management meetings. (EF)
6. Maintains special functions of RCP as defined by the department including (EF):
a. Teaching in-services and classes
b. Bedside Bronchoscopy
c. Pulmonary Function Testing
d. Preceptor and Orientation of new employees
e. Quality Assurance activities
7. Maintains professionalism as demonstrated by (EF):
a. Adherence to the Time and Attendance Policy
b. Adherence to the departmental dress code
c. Maintenance of current licensure and BLS requirements
d. Active membership in professional organizations related to Respiratory Care
8. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
9. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards ( Smile and make eye contact; greet each patient and visitor; seek out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honor diversity; thanks every customer.)
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
' Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Care program or equivalent.
' 2 years clinical experience in neonatal and adult intensive care units is preferred.
' Recent graduates from an AMA approved Respiratory Care School may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
' Current licensure from Texas Department of Health to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
' Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
' Current American Heart Association BLS required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
' Basic computer skills required.
' Must be knowledgeable in the current practices of Respiratory Care including protocol management.
' Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally with other members of the health care team.
' Must have the ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- 3 years ago - save job
Methodist Hospital provides care for Houstonians. The not-for-profit organization, also known as Methodist Hospital System, owns and...