This Network Specialist position is within the Advanced Technical Support (ATS) Team and will be focused on providing level two technical support on the TDS network.
Key Job Functions:
Provide Level 2 & Level 3 support of the voice network and optical transport network and those products and services running over it. Specifically this includes all switching components, BSA (Broadband Serving area) components, multi-service platforms, long distance, and voicemail.
Requirements for each position are listed in the qualifications section. We will assess applicants based on skills set and years of relevant experience.
Required Qualifications :
Network Specialist I
- Associate degree or higher AND 2 + years work experience in Voice/Data/Video networking -OR- 4 + years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
- 2+ years work experience in VOIP
- 2+ years working in a level 1 Voice/Data/Video/VOIP support team with direct customer contact
Network Specialist II
- Associate degree or higher and 4 + years work experience in Voice/Data/Video networking. OR 6 + years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
Senior Network Specialist II
- Bachelor's degree or higher AND 4 + years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking OR 8 + years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking
Other Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or higher AND 6 + years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking OR 10 + years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking
- Network Translations experience (SS7, MF, TR08, GR303, H.248, SIP)
- VoIP Architectures and Protocol experience
- IP routing (Cisco)
- Strong Transport / Access Knowledge (SONET, ATM, Ethernet, POS, DWDM, WDM)
- Significant Broadband and narrowband access technologies experience including (but not limited to) POTS, xDSL, T1, DS3, PRI, BRI, WiFi, WiMAX, PON, OCX.
- Voice Switching technologies including Legacy TDM and Softswitch technologies.
- Power Concepts associated with AC and DC power equipment and HVAC implementations in both cabinet and building applications.
- Customer premises equipment including (but not limited to) Routers, PBX, Handsets, home wiring concepts
- Able to coordinate a small group to work specific network issues.
- The ability to manage changing priorities and to handle several network tasks concurrently with minimum assistance required to help set priorities.
- The ability to organize priorities to achieve maximum performance cost effectively.
- The ability to make timely decisions.
- Scope of responsibility set by employee and their manager.
- Able to work with diverse individuals/teams/customers. Able to interact and work with others as part of a team. Understands the role s/he plays on the team, and how his/her work supports the team's goals. Sometimes leads small groups and projects.
- Able to take the lead to get complex issues resolved.
- Ability to work within a changing environment.
- Good organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and team focus are required.
- Requires software knowledge and skills in business and office applications, such as spreadsheets, database applications, word documents, network drawing tools, basic network applications (telnet, FTP Client, FTP Server) and basic Unix tools.
- Basic mathematical and statistical analysis.
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.
- Ability to travel as necessary if the needs of the business dictates.
- If the needs of the business dictate, perform network tasks outside normally scheduled business hours to complete project work, provide on-call support and/or implement scheduled network changes.
TDS - 11 months ago
TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®) is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S. Headquartered in Madison, Wis....