We are currently seeking motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence for the ongoing National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The core of NHANES involves in-person household interviews and medical examinations conducted in a mobile examination center (MEC). The MEC laboratory technician will be part of a large team that travels throughout the U.S. The lab tech will conduct laboratory procedures and process urine samples.
• Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 1 year of experience as a laboratory medical technologist, medical laboratory technician, or other laboratory technician position in a laboratory setting;
• Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or associate’s degree in medical technology or other related laboratory or health science is preferred;
• Be certified as a Medical Technician or Medical Laboratory Technologist from a professional organization such as ASCP or NCA;
• Be able to pass a CPR test;
• Have basic computer proficiency and experience working with the general public as well as having the ability to work with persons of all ages;
• Be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English;
• Have recent experience in hematology and chemistry;
• Be able to lift up to 35 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations; and
• Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension.
FULL-TIME CONTINUOUS TRAVEL IS REQUIRED. Laboratory technicians will remain at a site for approximately 5 to 7 weeks for up to 4 months.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a background screening based on the specific position which will include, at a minimum, criminal records history.
This is a full-time nonexempt position and is eligible for overtime pay. Mandatory paid training will be held in Rockville, MD. Pay rates are based on experience.
WESTAT - 20 months ago
Survey the market research business, and you'll find Westat among the leaders of the pack. A statistical survey organization, the...