We are currently seeking motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence for the ongoing National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The core of NHANES involves in-person household interviews and medical examinations conducted in a mobile examination center (MEC). The MEC laboratory technician will be part of a large team that travels throughout the U.S. The lab tech will conduct laboratory procedures and process urine samples.
• Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 1 year of experience as a laboratory medical technologist, medical laboratory technician, or other laboratory technician position in a laboratory setting;
• Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or associate’s degree in medical technology or other related laboratory or health science is preferred;
• Be certified as a Medical Technician or Medical Laboratory Technologist from a professional organization such as ASCP or NCA;
• Be able to pass a CPR test;
• Have basic computer proficiency and experience working with the general public as well as having the ability to work with persons of all ages;
• Be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English;
• Have recent experience in hematology and chemistry;
• Be able to lift up to 35 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations; and
• Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension.
FULL-TIME CONTINUOUS TRAVEL IS REQUIRED. Laboratory technicians will remain at a site for approximately 5 to 7 weeks for up to 4 months.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a background screening based on the specific position which will include, at a minimum, criminal records history.
This is a full-time nonexempt position and is eligible for overtime pay. Mandatory paid training will be held in Rockville, MD. Pay rates are based on experience.
Survey the market research business, and you'll find Westat among the leaders of the pack. A statistical survey organization, the company...