Have the opportunity to work for a very prestigious Global Fortune 100 firm within their Enterprise Data & Voice Communications Infrastructure team as the Technology Director of NOC & Level III Network Service Delivery. You will lead and manage the Data and Voice Network Operations (NOC) team on a day to day basis oversee the operations associated with managing a team of front line technical staff providing end-to-end support for infrastructure services.
The Technical Director will be responsible for managing the prioritization and allocation of work across the team and ensuring the delivery of services. Coordinate and collaborate on escalated incidents and service requests with Level 2 resources. Coordinate service request activities that require multiple providers including third party contractors, client business units, and any support personnel that require parallel or serial actions. Assign L2/L3 resources to major projects as well as provide on-boarding and on-going training for L2/L3 team members and implement effective strategies to improve performance. The role provides oversight expertise in both Voice and network management, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, deployment, support, and documentation of standards and procedures for the administration of maintenance of all supported environments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage and oversee the operations associated with managing a team of front line technical staff providing end-to-end support for infrastructure services; Oversee problem isolation, issue resolution, and escalation management according to pre-defined protocols; Manage the identification and escalation for all operational events affecting production environment requiring 24/7/365 uptime; Maintain communication with functional managers and executive management to ensure issues are resolved; Provide direction, leadership and management of NOC personnel; Develop, mentor and train staff; seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of improving service to agency customers; Ensure continual process improvement of the NOC to include: automation of NOC activities, reporting, implementation of monitoring activities and administration; Provide support to technical staff, vendors, and end users; identify, research and resolve technical issues; track and monitor problems and escalations to ensure timely resolutions; monitor response times and efficiencies and resolve complex problems; Develop, document, implement and maintain processes and procedures for the day-to-day operations and the integration of new services; Monitor the status of alerts, tickets and processes to ensure tasks are being completed timely; Communicate policy and procedural changes; Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate to senior management; Develop and maintain process and procedural report generation; Generate reports for management in regards to service availability, uptime, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and SLAs etc.; Maintain up-to-date knowledge of telecommunications, information systems, and network management concepts and technology; Manage delivery of major and minor projects to ensure they are on time and on budget. Ensure effective hand off from project delivery to service desk and application support. Continuously build out knowledge base of infrastructure support troubleshooting resolutions and information to support intelligent decisions, self-learning, and reasoning and explanations for corrective actions taken. Provide status reporting and results of continuous improvement efforts. Participate in Crisis Management, continuous improvement, knowledge management and other key processes. Schedule resources to ensure 24x7 coverage, align resources to specific platforms/subject matter expertise. Ensure training of L2/L3 infrastructure support team members.
* Due to necessary technical management duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate may be required to be on call and/or work various shifts such as weekends and/or nights/evenings.
Skills Required :
KEY CHARACTERISTICS: Strong organizational skills, customer service focus, attention to detail, and process orientation. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to distill and present information to business community in non-technical terminology.
- Conduct performance reviews and development plans as required for the career development of employees.
- Bachelor's degree or work experience equivalent in relevant discipline
- 10+ years of experience in ITIL Service Delivery and Support, preferably with a formal ITIL qualification or certification.
- 10+ years of experience, virtual machine, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, Operating Systems, High Availability clusters, service and global load balancing and systems management.
- 10+ years of experience with security systems to include Firewalls, Proxy Appliances, Anti-spam, remote VPN, B2B VPNs, and PCI compliance policies.
- 10+ years of experience with networking systems to include Routers, multi-tiered Switches, data centers, wireless, WAN services networking, IPAM, VoIP, and network management.
- 8+ years of experience in similar team leader (or equivalent) role; management of technology delivery and support application activities and resources preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with service desk tools and workflow processes.
- 5+ years of experience with problem and resolution management and other service delivery and support methodologies.
- Strong understanding of ITIL change management processes.
- Experience/knowledge with voice and data network management within the Financial sector is preferred.
JobServe USA - 15 months ago