Posting Title NOC/Monitoring Engineer (Night Shift) About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description
- Respond to customer escalated issues, primarily by web interface, telephone and e-mail.
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
- Monitor environment using provided tools and escalate issues as required.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Perform 24x7 on-call responsibilities during scheduled periods.
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledge base.
- Technical certifications such as MCSE, A+, Network+, VMware certified professional, etc. are preferable.
- Degree in IT/IS field is a plus.
Requisition Number 39792BR
- 2+ year’s experience in an IT related role or comparable education.
- VMware administration and troubleshooting knowledge highly desired.
- Solid understanding of a virtualized infrastructure environment using VMware technologies.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and topologies. For example: TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.
- Basic understanding of network security concepts such as NAT, VPN, IP Sec., and Firewalls.
- Basic understanding of internetworking hardware such as switches, routers, VPN devices, Internet Access Devices, Remote Access Devices, etc.
- Basic understanding of Network Administration, including users, permissions, Client/Server networks, login authentication, SNMP, Network Admin. Software, etc.
- Basic ability to analyze and understand Error Logs, Configuration files, network maps, MIB's, Packet captures event logs, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing professional office environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent analysis, trouble shooting, and communications skills
- Ability to provide detailed case notes according to internal procedures and standards of quality,
- Driven and responsible, requiring a minimal amount of supervision.
- Spelling/grammar and typing proficiency required.
- Passion for taking care of the customer and resolving the customer's problems
- Must be able to work 7 pm to 7 am shift 3 nights per week* Location Dallas, TX, US
VMware - 2 years ago
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...