- Job Summary
- The Non-Certified Central Service Technician will be able to perform under close supervision the following: Receives and processes incoming supplies and equipment, performs cleaning and sterilizing duties, prepares linen packs and instruments in Central Service. Prepares and delivers case carts and performs all required computer skills necessary to pull cases. Must exhibits the F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works varying shifts. May be exposed to infectious diseases that require the following of established protocols and precautionary measures. Is required to wear protective clothing such as gowns, gloves, surgical masks, face shields, and/or goggles. Subject to burns and cuts. Finger dexterity, motor coordination, eye-hand coordination, visual acuity, talking, sitting, standing, hearing, balancing, lifting, repetitive motions, stooping, bending, and kneeling. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. independently. Must live within 20 minutes travel time in order to take rotating call.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: Preferred experience in Central Service operations. Experience with inventory control concepts and PAR level usage.
- EQUIPMENT USED/SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with peers and superiors and others on a one on one and group basis. The ability to analyze problems, prioritize, and problem solve. The ability to cope successfully with diverse and complex situations. Precision and attention to detail so that complicated assignments can be completed with a high degree of exactness. The use of independent judgment and discretion. The ability to protect the confidential nature of information. Ability to analyze inventory control concepts. Flexibility to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diverse and complex situations.
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center - 16 months ago