Job Opening: Integrated Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Evanston Campus
Salary Grade: EXS / 6
The Institute for Sustainability and Energy at Northwestern University (ISEN) seeks an experienced
marketing and communications professional to provide support for the development and
implementation of the Institute’s Integrated Marketing and Communications Plan. The Integrated
Marketing and Communications Manager (IMCM) will manage a global communications architecture
that includes brand and media platform for ISEN, ensuring broad distribution of ISEN and University
energy and sustainability content. IMCM will create and manage written and web communications /
publications and internally‐generated marketing programs, including materials for a variety of
stakeholder groups (donors, incoming students and new corporate and non‐profit partners), ensuring
strategic alignment with the ISEN and Northwestern Strategic Plans. Projects may occasionally require
work on evenings and/or weekends.
- Conceptualizes, writes, edits and produces:
- Original multimedia content (copy, video, etc.), and works in close collaboration with other departments and centers to source supplemental material;
- Biweekly electronic newsletters tailored to specific internal/external stakeholder audiences (students, faculty, public, etc.);
- Print & digital marketing and communications materials (including, but not limited to event flyers, recruiting and development materials, digital presentations and brochures), maintaining a consistent look, tone & quality.
- Manages cross‐platform content distribution through ISEN’s website, electronic newsletters, social media accounts, partner channels;
- Develops and optimizes global and local brand initiatives starting with target audience identification and profiling, positioning and narrative development;
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities for meaningful brand partnerships in concert with our programmatic goals and key target audiences;
- Manages all non‐technical aspects of day‐to‐day website operation, including content and functionality;
- Evaluates new tools and best practices that would enhance user experience;
- Manages documentation, distribution and archival processes for photo, video and audio;
- Maintains a consistent level of awareness of academic, business and political energy & sustainability landscape through daily reviews of news, published reports, journals, etc. to keep abreast of changing demographics, technology, and other relevant issues.
- Strategizes, collects & presents analytics quantifying ISEN’s impact, and uses derived insight to drive brand awareness and stakeholder engagement;
- Under guidance of the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications, IMCM will also maintain up‐to‐date analytics across the ISEN portfolio to ensure the Institute return on programming is quantifiable and growing;
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Four‐year college degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired;
- Two years professional experience working in marketing, public relations or communications;
- Current on communication trends, channels, and tools with emphasis on digital media and developing geographies;
- Creative drive to generate compelling communications materials for varied audiences;
- Excellent interpersonal, time and project management skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with basic HTML / website content‐management platform, Abode Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful
- Academic background in Journalism, Communications studies, MarComm, or related field;
- Demonstrated experience / original work in graphic design and multimedia communications (audio, video, photography, etc.);
- Experience managing CRM systems and mailing lists;
- Experience working on a University campus;
- Knowledge of / familiarity with energy and sustainability (science, policy, economics, etc.).
applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this position:
1. Go to northwestern.edu/hr/careers
2. Click “External Applicants”
3. Click “Advanced Search”
4. Search for Job Opening ID 23638
Job ID: 23638
Sign in with Twitter
Sign in with Facebook
Email Not published
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail