NCI: As our NSC Systems Engineer, Senior (NC: Systems Engineer, Principal) , you will provide non-personal services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM), Assistant Chief of Staff (ACofS), G-5. You will provide life-cycle engineering and analytical support to update systems, develop revisions, deploy changes, operate, and sustain an Army Enterprise and Global Network Enterprise (GNE), Operational Engineering (OE), and Configuration Management (CM) capability for Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET), Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), and Deployed Forces (DF). You will provide troubleshooting and engineering support for development, transition, and operation of Army Enterprise services related to the OE and CM tasks. You will also provide integration and sustainment support of the Enterprise Network Service Center (NSC) architecture, network management toolsets, applications, related hardware and software per design and build guidance. The NSC is managed by the Theater Network Operations and Security Centers (TNOSC), and provides enterprise Information Technology (IT) services to approved Army customers.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Provide procedures, such as build guides or engineering Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) to ensure technical solutions and schedules are implemented within established suspenses; enable configuration management and the development of established baselines and repeatable processes.
- Integrate and maintain NSC capabilities until transition to TNOSC.
- Implement the chosen solutions for NSC Management tools for Windows and non-Windows environments.
- Verify and validate NSC capabilities and technical solutions to ensure they are interoperable with other systems as identified in the LNA.
- Keep NSC baseline synchronized to the Army Golden Master (AGM) releases; utilize tools, including Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Gold Standard, to evaluate and optimize secure posture; test intermediate Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and patching against NSC capability baselines; and test intermediate product updates and enhancements against NSC capability baselines.
- Develop updated system baseline, document system changes, and input the changes into the project configuration management database.
- Conduct independent technical investigations in systems design and evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or service.
- Perform on-call Tier Three enterprise support for resolving complex technical and functional issues.
- Create, modify, or provide input for the following documentation to support transition to the TNOSC as tasked by the GTM: Existing System Design Plan (SDP); Engineering Installation Plan (EIP); Information System Support Plan (ISSP); Implementation Plan (IP); Configuration Management Plan (CMP); User’s Guides (Final and Update per NSC capability revision); List of Materials (LOM) against NSC Requirements; Requirements Traceability Matrix with appropriate graphical designs supporting all LOMs, relationship to NSC engineering, and integration into Army physical and logical environments; DIACAP package; Networthiness certification; Existing and new Architecture Documents; Existing and new Build Guides; Existing and new technical TTPs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Current Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Senior System Engineer.
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Computer Science is required.
- IT level I and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in accordance with AR 25-2. Meet IASAE level II position requirements IAW DOD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 (CISSP or Associate).
- Have a working knowledge of NIPRNET/SIPRNET/DF engineering and network management.
- Have a working knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing System (USC).
- Possess expertise in the following: Microsoft-based security engineering; Unix including Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux and MAC OS operating systems and security; virtualized environments including VMware; Storage Area Network (SAN) storage, CITRIX, secure remote access technologies including Citrix; DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP); network security technologies, procedures, and operational constructs; ITIL-based business processes; Microsoft products and security.
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...