In this integral role, you will work closely with the Director of Nursing and Nurse Managers to develop and implement educational strategies to enhance the clinical performance of nursing staff in the designated specialty area(s) including facilitating unit-based orientation and participate in the Nursing Continuing Education programs.
Duties will include:
- collaborating to assess and identify educational needs related to clinical nursing and nursing management and in the development and implementation of plans which address those needs.
- assist nursing staff with goal attainment relative to maximizing patient health, including a focus on prevention, rehabilitation, coping, death and dying.
- demonstrating a high degree of professional competence through the application of scientific methods and advanced knowledge, skill and expertise in the field of nursing.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- State of Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License, or immediate eligibility.
- Several years experience in clinical nursing and nursing education, preferably on Critical Care, Cardiology, and/or Cardio Thoracic inpatient unit(s).
- Experience as a Clinical Educator and/or Clinical Nurse Specialist, including creating, refining and developing training and professional development programs, is desired.
Exempt, salaried position.
Job ID 7453
Temple University Hospital
Renowned for life-saving heart and lung transplantation and its Level I Trauma Center, Temple University Hospital has made a commitment to making patient-centered care as important as providing the most advanced treatment. Our team and dynamic setting combine to offer those who share our focus an exceptional career path.
Temple University Health Sys.
It's all about Being the Best.
Respect. Service. Quality.
These are the building blocks of our organization; the core values that we strive to achieve each day in every aspect of our work. Each builds upon the other, resulting in a dynamic environment of innovative healthcare. If you are ready to join a team that is as dedicated as you are, we'd like to hear from you.
The Philadelphia Business Journal named Temple University Health System one of the area's "Best Places to Work".
Want to be at the heart of it all? Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, our hospitals offer proximity to New York City, New Jersey beaches, Washington, D.C. and the Pocono Mountains. In addition to the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team making a tremendous impact on the lives of thousands of patients each year, we offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit plans.
All health care is provided by Temple University Health System (TUHS) member organizations or independent health care providers affiliated with TUHS. Each TUHS member organization is owned and operated pursuant to its governing documents.
Temple University Health System - 21 months ago