Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
The Nurse Manager is accountable for the overall operations of the unit. This person is responsible on a continual basis for the quality of patient care, customer (external and internal) service, and cost-efficient operation of the unit. The Nurse Manager supports the Hospital mission and strategic plan, budgeting and resource allocation, organizational policy and overall management plan of the Department of Nursing.
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
· Provides effective leadership to the unit/team.
· Ensures technical competency of others.
· Works effectively with others on the management team to accomplish organizational goals and identify and resolve problems.
· Administers all organizational resources for unit.
· Supports nursing research and introduces new findings to the unit.
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Master's degree is preferred.
· Current Kansas Registered Nurse license or eligible.
· Two years of management experience is preferred.
· Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the professional rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 30+ days ago