Riverside County Regional Medical Center has an immediate Nurse Manager opening for our Inpatient Treatment Facility- Psychiatry Department. The position is a day shift 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off located in Riverside .
The Nurse Manager acts in accordance with the State of California Nurse Practice Act to provide leadership and supervise personnel at Riverside County Regional Medical Center (RCRMC).
This class reports to an Assistant Chief Nursing Officer. This class is characterized by having total management, budgetary responsibility, and control of major patient care units on a 24 hour basis.
The Nurse Manager class is distinguished from the class of Assistant Nurse Manager in that the former has full responsibility and accountability including coaching and supervising the Assistant Nurse Manager.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Provides overall leadership, coaches and trains, manages, organizes, directs, and reviews the total scope of patient care services provided in major or multiple patient care units.
• Prepares, reviews, and assists in the development of the capital equipment budget plan,; provides input into preparation of personnel and operating budgets and is accountable for budget variances for all major units.
• Provides leadership in the decisions, regarding scheduling, assignments, management, and staffing.
• Provides leadership in the development, revision, and implementation of policies, procedures, standards of care and practice, and goals and objectives for a unit.
• Establishes and communicates expectations/performance standards to personnel and evaluates the performance of personnel to assure compliance with regulatory standards, policies, procedures, and standards of care and practice including the goals and objectives of the organization.
• Provides management oversight and promotes consistency to ensure personnel's compliance with the RCRMC policies, procedures, and regulatory/licensure/accreditation standards.
• Interviews applicants and recommends hiring decisions to administrative designee; completes progressive disciplinary actions under the direction of administrative designee.
• Identifies learning needs and oversees the orientation and training of personnel; coordinates the training of students on the patient care units.
• Collaborates with physicians and other department managers to ensure quality patient care.
• Identifies opportunities for improving patient care and operations in units; establishes objectives to be achieved, and plans, implements, and evaluates the action plan for achieving improvements; initiates and/or conducts audits to identify areas requiring improvement.
• Communicates pertinent information, special instructions and standards with personnel and considers ideas/suggestions from the staff.
• Fosters employee development through performance appraisals, constructive feedback, and recognition of exceptional abilities and education; and administers progressive disciplinary action when needed.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in nursing. A Master's degree in nursing is preferred. Experience: Four years of leadership supervisory experience as a registered nurse in an acute care hospital. Must have Mental Health experience.
Knowledge of: Principles of leadership and management; nursing processes and its application in patient care; licensure, accreditation and regulatory requirements; personnel scheduling; performance evaluations; group dynamics; progressive disciplinary action; teambuilding and conflict management; problem-solving and management techniques.
Ability to: Implement the principles of leadership and management in the nursing process; ensure compliance with RCRMC and/or Public Health Department goals, objectives, strategic plan, policies and procedures; prepare and maintain reports and clinical records; communicate clearly via oral and written methods; monitor critical practice indicators, identify opportunities for improvement, and guide the implementation of the action plan; analyze and maintain budget accountability; establish, communicate, and monitor performance standards and expectations; manage time effectively; make sound decisions using problem-solving skills; and use productive group dynamics to achieve teamwork.
County of Riverside - 18 months ago