Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Medicine
Location: ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL, RICHMOND, VA
Department: PALLIATIVE MEDICINE
Requisition Number: 35680
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm; 5 days per week
The Nurse Practitioner will join a well-integrated and growing interdisciplinary Palliative Medicine team of physicians, nurse practitioners, and licensed clinical social workers that cover 4 hospitals and an outpatient practice.
The Nurse Practitioner in Palliative Medicine will provide excellent patient care services through inpatient and outpatient consultation utilizing expert knowledge and competencies from a foundation of evidence-based practice in palliative care. This position will proactively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family experience related to acute, chronic, and/or progressive disease. Additionally, the Nurse Practitioner in Palliative Medicine will advocate best practices in palliative care by leading and participating in educational and quality improvement initiatives.
This position is a physician supervised yet highly independent position that involves clinical practice and other support services to meet the palliative care needs of patients in the hospital, in the outpatient clinic, and in other areas served by Bon Secours Palliative Medicine. Involvement in health system initiatives to promote palliative care through collaboration, education, and mentorship is desired.
1. Masters Degree in nursing.
2. National certified as Nurse Practitioner.
3. Minimum of five years direct patient care experience.
4. 2 years of Palliative Care experience is required or equivalent management of adults patients with serious/progressive illness.
5. Experience in staff development, education, and/or precepting nurses and other clinicians.
6. Experience in internal medicine, geriatrics, and/or oncology preferred (experience appropriate to complex case management with issues of aging).
7. Skills in clinical quality improvement and in resource management.
8. Nurse Practitioner licensed in State of Virginia, graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
9. Prescriptive authority in the State of Virginia.
10. Current BCLS certification.
11. National Hospice & Palliative Care certification desired.
Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system that owns,...