Who We Are:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transportation option that enhances urban livability and mobility. NYC Bike Share is excited to announce the beginning of its operations in New York City with thousands of bikes at hundreds of stations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The IT Specialist position is a wide ranging and varied position that will involve interfacing with various technologies and systems. The ideal candidate is a problem solver with a strong technology background. We are not seeking an expert in any specific technology but rather a person who can identify the right technology or solution for any given situation and work as part of a team to implement it. Whether it’s writing a PHP based web application, implementing changes to a VPN configuration or simply helping staff with basic computer needs. This position will report to the Director of IT.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Provide IT support and create tools for bicycle sharing system operations teams in New York City and around the country
- Provide IT support for corporate staff based in Portland, Oregon
- Support bicycle sharing technology
- Test and/or upgrade bicycle sharing stations
- Work with IT team to develop, implement and utilize technology for various needs