Continental Mills is looking for an experienced National Account Manager to join our professional sales team.
JOB TITLE: National Account Manager - Kroger
REPORTS TO: National Sales Manager
STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY : The National Account Manager is responsible for functional management and leadership of all sales related activities for Continental Mills brands at Kroger. The position requires broker management, strategic leadership, exceptional business management skills, trade management, and meeting/ exceeding budgets. Leads the analysis of customer sales data, design and implementation of effective promotional and marketing programs, and builds relationships throughout all levels of the customer and broker hierarchy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
- Defines specific strategic business objectives to maximize sales and profitability within Kroger.
- Manage and develop broker partners to achieve CM objectives in all aspects of the business within Kroger.
- Develop and maintain a solid business relationship with key decision makers at Kroger and our retail broker.
- Thorough understanding of account’s business and operational strategies and process.
- Execute and create specific plans to allow the attainment of assigned targets and objectives.
- Conducts training meetings for retail broker as needed.
- Communicates and works internal resources to develop win-win retail broker solutions.
- Supports CM strategy and tactical development of in store execution plans.
- Stays up-to-date with trends and changes in category plan design.
- Works closely with broker and National Sales Manager to set specific retail broker objectives.
- Conducts joint business planning reviews with customer on progress of mutually agreed upon objectives, KPI’s and scorecards
- Own accurate and timely sales forecasting and communication.
- Understands and utilizes syndicated data (Nielsen, Spectra Data, dunnhumby and Market 6)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to develop and assimilate data to create plans and proposals.
- High degree of professionalism viewed as competent, credible and knowledgeable.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to handle some conflict and has strong root cause problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle changing environment and priorities.
- Commitment to continued self-development and learning.
- Ability to lead changes and works with internal and external contacts.
- High level of integrity does things right and does the right things.
- Possess strong listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- Ability to prepare product samples and lift up-to 20 pounds.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Four years working experience in key account customer management, preferably on Kroger team.
- Prior broker management experience desired.
- Prior exposure to dunnhumby and Market 6 a plus.
Continental Mills - 9 months ago