Pacific Cycle Inc.
National Sales Manager/Key Accounts: Canada (Toronto Based Position)
The National Sales Manager will work closely with North America Sales & Marketing Teams to communicate and sell the company’s products and programs to Key Canadian mass accounts.
General Manager - Canada
NA Product and Marketing Teams, PCG President, VP Sales PCG
Must be able to travel to Asia twice a year and to the U.S. four times per year, as well as visit key Canadian accounts’ locations as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales strategies for assigned Canadian key accounts (accounts include Canadian Tire, WalMart, Toys T Us, Target, Sears).
- Prepare merchandising programs and assortment proposals to maximize market share .
- Develop and conduct sales and product presentations that are persuasive and engaging.
- Maintain regular, proactive communication with existing accounts to insure plans, trends, concerns, and issues are addressed in a timely manner and that they experience excellent customer service.
- Manage and lead team of 3-5 individuals.
- Work with product management teams to create quality product lines that will meet the customers’ strategy while maximizing profit potential.
- Travel to new and existing accounts on a regular basis. Report back to stakeholders with new developments and updates.
- Work with retail marketing team to proactively prepare programs that will support customer’s merchandising goals and market trends.
- Create projected forecasts and annual shipments on monthly basis accurately to maintain customer and company inventories.
- Work closely with the replenishment team to ensure maximum sales through a well managed inventory strategy.
- Have an in-depth understanding of net margin, learn company’s expectations and work with Product team to deliver.
- Responsibe for managing excess inventory to ensure we are in line with company goals.
- Assist with the annual sales and marketing plan development.
- Assist in product and packaging development and pricing strategies.
- Plan and assist in development of sales and marketing initiatives with key accounts.
- Communicate with logistics and distribution teams to ensure optimal delivery for customers.
- Perform operational duties as required for customer requests and presentations.
- Present new products and/or ideas to key stakeholders as they arise.
- Find and develop new sales opportunities with retail prospects in appropriate categories
- Attend customer seminars and industry-related trade shows as appropriate to stay abreast of trends and keep a pulse-check on the marketplace.
- Manage expenses and spending to optimize results and minimize costs.
- Follow internal controls and company policies.
- Contribute to the success of Dorel by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communication, both internal and external, is absolutely critical.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive sales experience in consumer products within the Mass Channel.
- Strong knowledge of sales forecasting, co-op advertising and administration
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas such as supply chain, marketing and finance.
- Must be able to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook and ERP tools.
- Must be willing to travel per the requirements of the job.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-functional team environment.
- SAP knowledge beneficial.
- Experience working with Asian vendors beneficial.
- Experience in sporting goods beneficial.
- Experience developing and implementing sales and marketing plans beneficial.
- Prior supervisory experience beneficial.
Cannondale - 21 months ago