As a national Account Manager – Federal End User, you will be responsible for
driving revenue through direct end-user engagement with Civilian, Defense, and
Intelligence agencies and other stakeholders in the Public Sector.
Responsibilities include development of Public Sector sales engagement strategy,
and selling activities for key product lines. This person is expected to drive
their own opportunities and sales activity, with a personal sales target.
How you’ll do it
• Responsible for assisting Director of Sales in establishing an annual account
budget for Federal End-User sales and management of goals throughout the Fiscal
• Create proposals, negotiate agreements, and establish pricing for customers.
• Accountable for the continuous daily pursuit of major prospective customers as
well as expanding sales to existing accounts through new product offerings and
• Cross-functional management across other departments as needed to support
customer accounts and resolve any issues that may arise.
• Familiarity with Public Sector buying process, including specification,
bidding, and fulfillment
• Focus on continued growth of pipeline opportunities for Secure KVM solutions
and other TAA-compliant products and offerings.
• Analyze industry market trends, products, and pricing that may impact sales
• Review major account activities with assigned Account Manager/National Account
Manager to increase/maintain maximum volume and product penetration.
• Assist team in providing accurate forecasts, reducing returns, developing and
maintaining an appropriate marketing plan, and managing overall profitability at
each assigned account.
• Review and analyze daily sales statistics.
What you’ll need
• Account Management: Expand sales within existing accounts, focus on customer
service, develop relationships with key decision makers, understand and respond
to customer needs, track and monitor account activity.
• Decision Making/Judgment: Recognize problems and respond, systematically
gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, address
root cause of issues, make timely decisions, make difficult decisions, use
consensus when possible, and communicate decisions to others.
• Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components,
understand underlying issues, simplify and process complex issues, understand
the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
• Product Knowledge: Know and explain product features/benefits, understand/sell
the full product line, understand customer's business operations and needs,
understand/respond to the competition, apply market knowledge.
• Sales Skills: Develop new business, identify and sell to customer needs,
translate product features to benefits, have good listening skills, is sensitive
to customers, deliver effective presentations, negotiate well, use closing
skills appropriately, develop sales skills.
• Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and
value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a
• Budgets/Cost Control: Plan for and use resources efficiently, always look for
ways to reduce costs, create accurate and realistic budgets, track and adjust
budgets, contribute to budget planning.
• Managing for Results: Set challenging and productive goals for team, keep team
accountable for actions, provide leadership and motivation, provide resources
and support, use checkpoints and data to track progress, set up systems and
processes to measure results.
• Ability to understand complex product specifications and conduct comprehensive
• Proficient in MS Office Suite of Products
What you’ve done
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher education
• Five plus years of sales experience with Federal end-users and/or channel
• Key relationships with Intelligence, Defense, and Civilian agencies
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and
leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and
rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the
team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the
company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day.
There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to
pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where
communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked
for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At
Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something
cannot be done.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Belkin - 30+ days ago
Got a gadget? There's a good chance it's attached to an accessory from Belkin. The company makes a variety of products for Apple&...