This position is client facing and must meet or exceed pre-established revenue and membership persistancy/growth goals.
Responsible for developing and executing effective strategic business plans for all assigned accounts.
Develops and conducts quarterly, semi-annual or annual plan performance reviews with all assigned accounts in addition to preparing other required customer reports.
Participate actively in the renewal process including profiling the group, utilization review and interpretation, preparing and presenting reliable and defensible renewal proposals and negotiating with underwriting and key external stakeholders including consultants, brokers and clients.
Develop and maintain thorough working knowledge of established rating, quoting and procedure guidelines to ensure the necessary uniformity and consistency in completing account management activities and meeting accountabilities.
Perform customer service responsibilities including, but not limited to, information correspondence with clients and producers, communications with home office staff in answering questions, negotiating rates or providing case information, expedition materials (i.e. applications, disclosures, etc.) needed to manage the established book of business and gathering reliable data for proper underwriting.
Develop solid working relationships with producers,internal partners and direct clients to assist in up sell opportunities in partnership with sales staff.
Responsible for account management across a specific region/book of business. Create and support the implementation of strategic business plans for assigned Midwest region.
Support and actively participate in sales presentations and processes.
This position may be open to telecommute opportunities and will be handling territories within the Midwest Region (Chicago, St Louis, Minneapolis).
- Bachelor degree
- Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and/or Critical Illness insurance experience and ancillary product knowledge strongly preferred
- 5+ years of Account Management experience managing and renewing a book of business for ancillary or medical products required
- 5+ years of experience developing strong relationships with key client/broker decision-makers required,national accounts experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in partnership with claims, marketing and customer service required
- Intermediate experience utilizing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- 5+ years of experience handling complex and difficult accounts required
- Willingness to travel up to 30-50% required -depending on the time of the year; seasonal overnight travel required 35-50% of the time; weekend travel may occur
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have active state licenses
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 13 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals...