WISN-TV and wisn.com, a Hearst Television station and ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, is seeking an experienced multi-platform sales professional to provide energized leadership to our National Sales team. Proven track record in growing transactional account revenue, non-traditional sales and digital revenue is essential. Required strengths include: the ability to strategically plan, communicate effectively, build and maintain agency and direct client relationships. Travel required.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals.
- “Localize” national sellers to ensure they are informed on station opportunities, priorities, initiatives, and market landscape.
- Lead weekly conference call with national sellers; prepare and lead quarterly/annual sales planning meeting.
- Consistently evaluate seller performance and review with rep firm managers.
- Act as primary negotiator for the station on all national business.
- Maintain current knowledge of political advertising regulations.
- Travel extensively to develop business relationships and make sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Meet and maintain relationships with local contacts.
- Develop and generate non-traditional revenue; generate digital revenue.
- Work in partnership with the Local Sales Manager and Digital Sales Manager to achieve stated and strategic goals.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- Communicate regularly with the General Sales Manager on all aspects of National business.
- Prepare and present various reports.
- Experience in Advertising / Local Media Sales industry.
- Track record of working with multiple dead-line oriented projects.
- Knowledge of the Chicago buying community is a plus.
- College degree preferred.
- Have a complete mastery of Nielsen ratings and methodology for rating projection and evaluation.
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of pricing and inventory management principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar, and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
- Ability to dissect an advertising RFP, identify key revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and winning response.
- Possess the skills to manage and supervise the national rep firm sellers, working with their supervisors to maximize productivity and revenue.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile are necessary.
Interested candidates should fax cover letter and resume to (414) 342-4486; email to WISNhr@hearst.com or mail to address listed below. No phone calls please!
Human Resources, Job #010813
P.O. Box 402
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0402
Hearst Television Inc. - 2 years ago