General Office Building – Duluth, MN
Close Date: Open Until Filled
- Develops and implements comprehensive natural gas sourcing and cost optimization strategies for power generation.
- Structures gas value chain contractual elements (ie: gas supply and transportation agreements), and leads and/or supports natural gas procurement contract negotiations.
- Provides gas supply and related electric market inputs, market intelligence and pricing information.
- Analyzes and determines best pricing mechanism for physical purchase of natural gas and aligns strategy with Risk Management.
- Develops and administers gas supply and transportation contracts; seeks to preserve and maximize their value.
- Develops strategic supplier relationships aimed at cost reduction, improved quality, safety, and supplier diversity.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge to ensure Company is positioned to take advantage of fuel-related initiatives.
- Builds and maintains relationships with potential gas supply and gas transportation counterparties.
- Analyzes electric and natural gas market linkages and insights to create value and manage risk.
- Develops gas generation bidding, nominating, and hedging strategies to support delivery of least cost supply to customers.
- Employs strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, engineering or a related area.
- This position requires five years or more of industry experience, including:
- Knowledge of gas sales agreements, transportation agreements and pricing formulas.
- Knowledge of North American natural gas market supply and demand fundamentals.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with commodity markets and hedging.
- Experience in gas generation fuel supply portfolio management
- Experience with planning, managing and applying detailed quantitative analyses, such as: total cost modeling, forecasting or production planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate would also possess the following qualifications:
- Strong skills in financial management and analysis.
- Natural gas generation project development and contracting experience.
This position has been posted both internally and externally. External candidates must visit www.allete.com to apply. Internal candidates must apply through the intranet homepage, and notify their current supervisor.
- The position will require the chosen candidate to travel up to 25% of the time.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
- This position will be based out of Duluth, MN.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
Minnesota Power/ALLETE - 19 months ago
ALLETE provides light to the northern climes. Most of its business is classified within its regulated operations, which include electric,...