SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Project Manager with strong skills in natural resource consulting and project management for our Houston office. The position is a regular, full-time, salaried position reporting to the Natural Resources Program Director. Salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
- Manage projects including budgets, technical staff, fieldwork, and reports related to National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and other resource planning/permitting, and/or natural resource disciplines relevant in the Gulf Coast region
- Serve as liaison to federal and state agency staff and maintain client communications including updates on project budget status, project schedule, and project milestones
- Contribute to expanding SWCA’s professional reputation in natural resource consulting and research
- Supervising a team of resource specialists, including managing schedules and utilization
- Work closely with SWCA’s other managers and directors in both natural and cultural resources throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherence to its mission, vision, and values
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company of cultural and natural resource scientists and planners and corporate professionals. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has offices throughout the United States including the Pacific Islands. SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer an informal, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including a stock ownership retirement plan.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in biology, environmental science, ecology, environmental planning, or related field required; master's degree preferred
- Three or more (3+) years of experience in field work and report completion, as well as scheduling and budgeting of all aspects of projects related to natural resource management required
- NEPA experience strongly preferred, including involvement in preparation of EISs and/or EAs
- Demonstrated expertise in federal, state and local regulations that concern the management of natural resources in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and/or the Gulf Coast areas
- Direct project experience with federal agencies in the oil and gas sector is preferred
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans to apply.
SWCA Environmental Consultants - 10 months ago