Navy Functional System Administrator (FSA) (2013-028)
Location: San Diego, CA
AtHoc, founded in 1999, is the pioneer and recognized market leader in next-generation emergency communications software for the security and safety market. Fundamental to our mission at AtHoc is the development of innovative products used for the critical endeavor of saving lives.
We are seeking dedicated, bright and highly motivated team players who want to make a difference and share in our accomplishments and passion. We provide a culture that encourages different perspectives and new ways of thinking toward a common, aligned goal and shared vision: to bring innovative solutions to market and advance the safety, security, and protection of people and property around the world.
Join a principled customer-focused team that is transforming an industry and has earned the trust of hundreds of customers and millions of users within the U.S. military, federal government, homeland security agencies, healthcare, fortune 500 companies and higher education institutions. At AtHoc, we recognize that the talent and drive of our people is a vital key to our continued success.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit
The Navy Functional System Administrator oversees the AtHoc IWSAlerts system and ensures support and maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with established DoD network specifications and schedules.
- Perform regularly scheduled system tests and monitor system health
- Apply the latest STIGS, IAVAs, TCNOs and Window’s updates. Ensure the operational state of the system under the latest security settings
- Provide Tier-2 help desk support to customers
- Perform database maintenance and ensure that maintenance plans are executed as expected
- Apply system and application level upgrades, patches, and fixes
- Ensure changes to the system are documented as per policy and submit all necessary change management requests
- Support ongoing deployment of desktop components to include client upgrades and implementation to new workstations
- Elevate networking and infrastructure issues by submitting trouble tickets to the appropriate parties when the issues are out of the FSA’s roles/responsibilities
- Coordinate appropriate outage times in line with mission priorities for both the system and the local base and to ensure proper service restore priorities are met
- Refine and configure application to meet operational requirements as needed
- Simulate system failure to test failover and DR readiness. Failover components include database replication, redirecting HTTPS traffic, ensuring failover application servers mirror production servers and working with local agencies to restore system per SLA
- Support the functional owners of IWSAlerts in providing knowledge base and content as well as best practices
- Keep current on new hardware/software products for system enhancements
- Active secret or higher security clearance
- Strong networking experience and knowledge of HTTP, TCP/IP, web servers, preferably IIS
- System administration experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- System administration experience with supported Microsoft desktop versions
- Experience with knowledge or knowledge Active Directory/LDAP
- Experience and strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 (e.g. Running Stored Procedures, managing maintenance plans, DB restores/backups, applying STIGs)
- Experience in installing and maintaining enterprise server software and performing operational tests
- Previous employment with a federal agency or support contractor
- Knowledge of Navy IT environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Individual must have high level of phone etiquette, integrity, and professionalism.
- Travel: AtHoc headquarters for software revision training and to server locations when required
- Work cross-functionally with system operators, IT leadership, and external system technicians
To apply for this position, please email your resume to:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Microsoft certification a plus (MCPD/MCAD/MCSD/ any other)