Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is seeking a Full Time Neonatal Nurse Practitioner II. This position will work rotating days and nights.
The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner II provides primary health care and emergency services to high-risk newborns and infants. This position obtains history, performs physical exams, interprets lab, radiographic, and clinical data to assist in developing a plan of care for each infant under physician supervision. The NNP II performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in accordance with Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh's protocols and policies as consistent with the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners. The NNP II collaborates with nursing and allied health staff to help in providing family teaching and coordinating discharge planning.
The title and pay rate for this position can vary depending on education and years of experience.
- Perform comprehensive physical assessment of the newborn/infant, order and interpret laboratory, radiographic and clinical data in planning and documenting the course of management and discusses the plan with Neonatology Faculty, Fellows and consultants
- Elicit, record, and interpret a complete health history, including past medical, obstetrical, family and psychosocial aspects
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures necessary for the care of the patient. Such procedures are carried out in accordance with established protocols and after verifying patient name and birthdate
- Make appropriate referrals in consultation with the attending physician for medical consultations, supportive services and regulatory reporting of patient safety issues
- Participate in the planning and presentation of continuing education programs for in-house medical and nursing personnel, referral hospital personnel and future RNs and Neonatal CRNPs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completion of an approved Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Program or Pediatric Nurse required
- Bachelors degree required
- 2 years nursing experience in a Level III NICU required
- Ability to work under pressure and in tense situations
- Ability to convey empathy in communication with families
- Ablilty to communicate accurately and positively with other health professionals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations with accuracy
- Ability to establish priorities and apply common sense approach to patient care
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) is required
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Certification or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certification
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 2 years ago
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...