Engineer will provide services as the primary storage engineer assigned to customer accounts in support of their systems, infrastructure and daily administration and management. Engineer will work closely with Service Managers, Assigned Systems Engineers and internal teams to ensure that all aspects of the customer's ongoing system storage support and administration are successful. Engineer will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of storage flow diagrams, custom monitors, RTS (Return to Service) documents, and Knowledge base articles as needed. Engineer will be available for escalations 24x7 on an on-call basis. He/She will conduct ongoing training for first line support personnel on their assigned customer's storage environment. Identifies and corrects recurring technical issues within their assigned customer(s) environments. Advises customer and acts as their SME (subject matter expert) for their storage environment for ongoing upgrades and improvements.
The Engineer will also gather requirements, support Storage Infrastructure including, but not limited to technologies from NetApp NAS/SAN, Equallogic iSCSI, Cisco/Brocade/McData Fiber Switches. The incumbent in this role must be able to understand, follow and repeat documented procedures related to various installation activities. The incumbent will also be responsible to interface with Infrastructure Engineers on level 2 and 3 design standards, latest technologies, and upcoming infrastructure installations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following:
• Successful candidates should have a minimum of 5-7 years of industry related experience or a Bachelor’s degree and compensatory experience.
• Experience with large corporate environments preferred
• Storage Technology related certifications or training highly desirable NetApp.
• Experience with moving/migrating systems and data
• Strong technical knowledge of server, storage, operating systems and network infrastructures are highly desirable.
• Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
• 3+ years experience managing enterprise class storage arrays
• 3+ years experience with storage protocols – SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NFS, CiFS
• Capability to mine performance and capacity data from enterprise arrays and formulate valuable analysis
• Strong understanding of replication and snapshot methodologies used in enterprise storage environments
• Experience maintaining high availability storage sub-systems capacity and configuration
• Experience troubleshooting complex incidents and problems associated to storage environments and related applications
• The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Data Gathering & Analysis, Problem Solving, Conceptual Thinking, Attention to Detail, Use of Technical Expertise, Initiative, and Teamwork/Team Building
Hartwellglobal - 4 months ago