Title: Network Engineer
Duration: Permanent Position
Pay Rate Range: Negotiable
We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to support our client in Roseville, CA.
Softtek offers a generous benefits package for our consultants, with no waiting period .
Essential Job Function:Specific responsibilities include:
Required Skills / Experience:Qualifications:
- Development of lab tests, debug analysis, documenting the design and results in forms of a research presentation or technical white paper supporting SDN solutions.
- Clearly define test requirements, risks, and schedules by minimizing required associated program change requests.
- Build ongoing technical relationships within many of the HP engineering teams in Software, Hardware, and Virtualization, as well as Marketing, Sales and Support.
- Team technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) for HPN SDN Products (OpenFlow Protocol, Controllers, vSwitch, OpenStack, and other cloud computing technologies.)
- Creation and leadership of SDN performance and implementations.
- Competitive Analysis and understanding of SDN portfolio.
Ideal candidate must be willing to work in a technically challenging environment, with minimal direction and support. Must have some familiarity with:
- Education - Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or minimum of 8 years of related equivalent experience.
- Ability for occasional international travel
This position requires the ability to quickly develop expertise in the latest technology trends. As technology changes it is essential that our testing and solutions remain on the leading edge. It also requires the following non-technical skills:
- SDN concepts
- Cloud Server, Storage and Networking systems
- Hypervisors: VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM, etc..
- Open vSwitch
- OpenFlow Protocol
- Cisco ONE (Open Network Environment)
- Networking Concepts & Protocols (Ethernet/Ipv4/6/Multicast/RIP/OSPF/BGP)
- OpenFlow projects and tools such as NOX and Beacon
- Data Plane and Control Plane Traffic
Education / Certifications:
- Very strong ability to communicate technical content to engineering, management, account teams and customers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio for the development of technical presentations.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate, prioritize and schedule multiple tasks.
BS Degree or equivalent experience.
Candidates must pass a background check and skills assessment.
US Citizenship, a Green Card, or EAD is required.
Softtek Integration Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, place of national origin and other categories protected by law are not factors in employment, promotion, compensation or working conditions.
SOFTTEK Company Summary
Founded in 1982, Softtek is a global provider of process-driven IT solutions with 30 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. With nine Global Delivery Centers in Mexico, China, Brazil, Argentina and Spain, Softtek helps improve time-to-business-solution, lower costs of existing applications, deliver better engineered and tested applications, and produce predictable outcomes for top-tier corporations in over 20 countries. Through on-site, on-shore and its trademarked Global Nearshore™ service delivery models, Softtek teams with CIOs to constantly increase the business value of IT. Softtek is the creator and a leader of the nearshore industry.
We aspire to transcend as a leading global provider of IT and business process solutions, forging longstanding and mutually beneficial relationships built on a foundation of earned trust. We will build our future by being a well-grounded and socially responsible company, with a profitable track record, delivering innovative high quality services, driven by a passionate, human-centric culture.
o Application-Related Services
o Business Process Outsourcing
o IT Infrastructure Support
o Software Products and Associated Services
o Softtek is a preferred service provider for several Fortune 500 organizations
o Top-tier corporations in the markets where we operate
Awards and Distinctions:
o SEI CMMi Level 5
o Six Sigma Corporate Program
o IAOP Global Outsourcing 100 List®, 2009, 2010, 2011
o 10 SAP Award of Excellence in “Best Regional Partner” category
o Named as a "Strong Performer" for SAP Implementation services by Forrester
o Globalization-2010 Award for Performance, GE GDC Program
o BusinessWeek Emerging Outsourcing Players
o ISO 9001:2008 (for Procurement Services from Aguascalientes, Mexico and for “Design, development, support and IT application improvements” in Argentina)
o ISO 9001:2008 Certification (for Development, Maintenance & Application Support in Brazil)
o Gartner Best Solution Delivery Award 2004
o The Global Services 100 - Top Company to Watch South of the Border 2007 & 2008 and Top Company to Watch in Latin America 2006 by neoIT and Global Services Magazine
o Great Place to Work® Institute’s Best Places to Work For: Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico
o Only Latin-American company in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Offshore Application Services 2006 & 2007
For additional information click www.softtek.com
For other employment opportunities click
Softtek - 2 years ago