CRI Advantage is looking for a part-time (8 to 15 hours week) consultant to provide Network and System Administration support both onsite and offsite commercial and government customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will;
· Be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers.
· Ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers you manage to meet the needs of the users, without exceeding the budget.
· Acquire, install, or upgrade computer components and software; automate routine tasks; write computer programs; troubleshoot; train and/or supervise staff; and provide technical support.
· Be responsible for the maintenance of computer hardware and software systems that make up a computer network including the maintenance and monitoring of active data network or converged infrastructure and related network equipment.
· Provide excellent customer service and consulting services to a diverse audience.
Technical Skill Set
· Network administration
· Windows Server 2003r2 administration
· Active Directory
· SAN installation and administration
· Windows XP and Windows 7 support
· Familiar support knowledge relating to VOIP systems would be helpful
· Have used and supported Backup Exec software and tape libraries
· Mac OS X server and desktop administration
· Support HP LaserJet printers and plotters
· Microsoft Office 2007 and higher
· Unix support knowledge would be helpful
Consulting Skill Set
· Detail oriented and organized
· Ability to be given a need from the client and develop it into a project
· Be able to make technical recommendations and relate them to different skillets of scientists and employees
· Ability to take priority direction from client in providing services
· Excellent customer service and follow through
· Develop annual network and IT goals
· Support remote office locations
CRI Advantage - 15 months ago