Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa) , an award-winning information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting applications for the following full time Network/Windows Administrator.
Under general supervision and direction, the Network Engineer will provide direct, on-site customer services in support of an IT contract at the DOE’s Office of Scientific and Technical Information in Oak Ridge, TN. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, providing excellent customer relations is a must.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead efforts in design, development and implementation of methodologies and maintenance of network related systems projects, ranging from simple cable termination, fault diagnosis using applicable tools to network design and throughput analysis;
- Support responsibility for the administrative management and maintenance and of equipment at a primary and disaster recovery site.
- Provide oversight of software installations and upgrades to operating.
- Schedule installations and upgrades, and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain optimum performance levels of SAN equipment and servers.
- Diagnosis of packet level network issues;
- End to end implementation of full network redundancy;
- Support security functions and solutions;
- Monitor and report on network and system performance metrics.
- Ensure implementation of, and adherence to, IT goals, policies, and procedures.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
- Assists in presentations to management team and/or team members to propose/promote products, plans or ideas.
- Performs business process analysis with respect to systems and be able to devise and implement cost-effective solutions based on current and future technology
- Assist end users with the use of systems and applications
- 5+ years network system designing, developing and implementing
- 3+ years building and configuring Windows servers (2003 and 2008)
Candidate must have the ability to:
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interpret direction of higher level management and use discretion in methods for carrying our assignments through direction of other IT professionals.
- Resolve complex technical problems.
- Manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects and tasks to completion.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of supported products and services.
- in a team environment.
- Ability to lift computers and related equipment.
- Ability to bend and reach to install and configure equipment.
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Ability to view computer for long periods.
Note: US Citizenship is required for this position, in order to be able to obtain a DOE clearance. Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation.
**This position is eligible for an employee referral bonus. **
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates Inc. - 7 months ago