FULCRUM IT JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Network – Hardware Technician (JCSE)
FLSA Status: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Location: MacDill AFB, FL
Manager: Program Manager
Summary: The contractor shall provide IT services including engineering, sustainment, systems administration, and data network engineering support to plan, evaluate, document, install, operate, maintain, and conduct operational management, configuration, and troubleshooting. Contractor shall be expected to locally and remotely manage system devices such as Cisco routers and switches, Cisco Call Managers, Riverbed network accelerators, multiple firewalls, High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptors and servers. Contractor shall be responsible for support of multiple classified and unclassified information systems to include all documentation, traffic analysis, and system uptime monitoring. Provide boundary protection for networks by implementing firewall, proxy, and intrusion detection capabilities.
Travel: There may be a possibility of some OCONUS travel with this position, as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide tier level 2/3 support to deployed tactical users accessing JCSE managed DISN-TE sites, architecture, and services. This support includes data, transmission, voice, video, and any interoperability/connectivity support requirements tactical users encounter.
2. Must be able to orchestrate and develop full end-to-end operational network architectures in order to meet tactical user requirements encompassing data, satellite, single channel radio, voice, and video requirements.
3. Provide incident and problem management to include recording, classification and initial response, investigation and diagnosis, resolution, recovery, and incident closure.
4. Manage physical network infrastructure to include all cable maintenance which encompasses Government Furnish Equipment (GFE) cable installation, testing, troubleshooting and management for IP voice, secure IP voice, and IP video.
5. Provide configuration management to include managing the:
1) Maintain Master Station Log and administrative logs.
2) Documentation and software configuration inventory.
3) Hardware inventory tracking, and status accounting processes.
4) Participating in review and change boards.
5) Documenting results, and capability to define IT configuration items.
6. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Education: HS diploma or its equivalent
Possess experience designing and managing operational garrison and tactical networks for Joint Task Force (JTF) and Joint Special Operations Task Force (JSOTF) Commanders.
Computers: Possess experience managing Global Information Grid (GiG) entry sites utilizing various software management products such as Computer Associates’ Spectrum, RADIUS, and Cisco’s Access Control Server (ACS) at a minimum.
• Certificates: Sec+, Net +; required by Aug 2013 are CCNA and MCSA certifications
• Clearance: TS/SCI
• US Passport: May be required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Possess direct working knowledge of configuration, installation remote management, and maintenance of Cisco network routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, VLANs, QoS, and other applicable tools to assist in optimal configuration and performance
• Possess a strong understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) theory for systems and network design and able to produce documentation and brief systems, network, and architectural diagrams and cut-sheets to commanders, directors, and military service members.
• Excellent Written Communication skills.
Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
If visits to areas of operations overseas are required with this position, you may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Fulcrum IT Services is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum IT specializes in the areas of Enterprise Services, Applications Development, Data Management, Cyber Security, and Intelligence Analysis.
Fulcrum IT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Fulcrum - 2 years ago
Fulcrum IT provides thorough analysis and comprehensive reports on help desks and call centers. We can help you develop a service...