The Computer Information Systems Department of Sinclair Community College invites applications for a full-time tenure track teaching position. The position requirements include teaching and curriculum management of general and specific courses in the Network Manager Associate of Applied Science Degree and associated Certificate Programs.
The six Critical Performance areas of tenure-track positions are:
Network Manager program specific responsibilities include:
- Scholarship and Professional Growth: Maintain and seek to improve currency and competence in the discipline and as a teacher
- Teaching and Learning Facilitation: Participate in the continuing development and implementation of the department’s curriculum through teaching that reflects a strong commitment to fostering student success
- Assessment and Evaluation: Implement evaluations according to established standards and use assessment data to continuously improve teaching and learning
- Student Development: Through in-class and out-of-class initiatives, actively seek to advance the development of individual students and their capacity to meet their educational goals
- Curriculum Design: In collaboration with colleagues, actively contribute to the continuous review and revision of the department’s curriculum
- Workplace and Community Service: Contribute to the operation and advancement of the college through committee service and other activities. Extend professional expertise to the community served by the college.
Network Manager program leadership abilities include:
- Develop, revise, and teach Network Manager courses in the CIS curriculum/programs, ensuring continuous alignment with employer needs and industry/vendor requirements as they relate to community college students
- Advise Network Manager students
- Mentor adjunct faculty teaching in these areas
- Be flexible in teaching online, hybrid and in-class courses
- Foster relationships with four-year universities and colleges to develop articulation agreements
- Keep current in this discipline through on-going professional development
- Engage in course, department and program level assessment and evaluation
- Maintain Sinclair Community College’s designation as a Center for Academic Excellence 2 Year
- Support Network Manager degree and certificate programs
- Demonstrate a willingness to pursue personal enrichment and professional development activities with emphasis on remaining current in the IT field
- Work effectively with colleagues and IT professionals in the community
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving student learning through innovative strategies that have been proven to help students succeed at the course and program level
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and ability to meet the needs of diverse students
- Lead Network Manager Advisory Committee and conduct regular Committee Meetings
- Reactivate, organize and advise a CIS student Computer Club, possibly affiliated with the Association of Information Technology Professionals ( AITP ), and conduct regular Computer Club Meetings
- Mentor Network Manager annually contracted and adjunct faculty.
PLEASE NOTE :
- Master’s degree preferred
- Applicants with some credit towards the master’s preferred
- Applicants without a master’s must complete this degree within four years of employment
- Evidence of successful prior teaching experience in a community college or related educational institution
- A demonstrated commitment to improving student learning through innovative strategies shown to help students succeed at the course and program level
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- The capacity to work successfully in a culturally diverse college community
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft networking hardware and software required
- Achieve the following Microsoft certifications by July 30, 2013: MCTS certification for Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration; MCITP certification for Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008; MCITP certification for Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7; MCITP certification for Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008; MCTS certification for Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure; MCTS certification for Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2008R2; and MCTS certification for Windows 7.
- A+ and Net+ certifications preferred
- Active membership in professional IT organizations preferred
- Candidates must be familiar with learning technologies and the use of these technologies in the classroom
- The candidate must be available to teach days, evenings, and weekends and at the satellites.
- The candidate must be able to advise students in CIS curriculum areas.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate teaching strategies, which focus on student-centered learning via a 10-minute presentation during the interview.
To apply, submit through the college’s online application system the following:
Applicants who do not have an electronic version of transcripts or letters of recommendation may mail or fax those documents to the Office of Human Resources, Sinclair Community College, 444 W. Third Street, Dayton, OH 45402. FAX : (937) 512-2777. Only transcripts and letters will be accepted in paper form. All cover letters and resumes/vitas must be attached to the online posting. Review of applications will begin on August 10, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.
- a cover letter that describes teaching experience
- a statement of the applicant’s teaching philosophy
- a resume or vita that describes relevant academic and professional experience, recent professional development activities, and professional goals
- transcripts for all postsecondary degrees
- three letters of recommendation
- licensure or certification verification, if required above
All finalists must complete a background check prior to employment.
- A contract for employment cannot be issued without official transcripts of all postsecondary degrees received from the issuing institution by Sinclair’s Human Resources Department.