As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
***THIS POSITION IS NOT CURRENTLY FUNDED AND IS TIED TO A PENDING GDIT CONTRACT AWARD***
GDIT is seeking a Clinical Network Specialist, Network Architect that will be located at Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10 Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline. 2. Advanced degree preferred.
15-20 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Candidate must have at least 7 years experience working in a medical or clinical information environment. Must have prior VMS System Administration experience with Cache based user software. Must be familiar with the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and AHLTA, unique to the Department of Defense and used by over 9000 military health care professionals at Brooke Army Medical Center. Must be able to perform host site system administration for a VMS-clustered system and must have demonstratable experience in VMS troubleshooting. Must also be able to provide support for desktops, system analysis, diagnoses and resolution of hardware, software, firmware, and network protocol problems affecting the use of CHCS across the wide area network. Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance on interfaced laboratory instruments, such as the Data Innovations Incorporated (DII) Lab System Interface (LSI) machines.Must configure, maintain, and upgrade CHCS related network communications equipment and maintain all terminal server cards. Must meet all DoD IAT Level II position certifications and requirements.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
National Agency Check (NLC)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...