Network Deployment Engineer – HQ Support
The successful candidate is responsible for introducing changes and/or new architecture to the operational environment of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, both unclassified and classified networks. Support the day-to-day deployment efforts as a member of the Network Deployment Team. Tasking includes preparation, installation and configuration of network equipment (such as routers and switches) and related software, primarily in a Cisco-based environment. Analysis and troubleshooting to resolve network issues is also a core element of this position. The incumbent will work with other teams, such as Network Engineering and the Operations/Maintenance Team to perform these services for end users.
- Providing router configurations.
- Installing/Upgrading software.
- Configuring VLANS, ports, and protocols.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Provide installation/configuration coordination at customer sites.
- Manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Work with internal teams to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Provide escalation support to Customer Support personnel.
- Ensure a smooth transition from Deployment to the Network Operations Team.
- Provide weekly reports on tasks accomplished, issues and status
- Continued knowledge and certifications will be expected to be acquired and maintained particularly on the Cisco equipment.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT or Science. Strong non-degree candidates with solid experience in Cisco-based networks will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with LAN/WAN/MAN Network administration
- CCNA required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel experience is required.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of deployment activities.
- Other skills: Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to operate in a close-knit team environment and work with technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and to push forward on projects with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and availability for rotational on-call and after-hour support.
- Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI access, which will require additional background scrutiny and passing of a CI Poly.
- Technical experience must include network design, operational support, and/or configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs, switches, taclanes, and associated software tools.
- Configuring CISCO switches in one or more of the following series’: 2800,3500, 3800, and 6500
- Configuring CISCO routers in one or more of the following series’: 3800, 6500, and 7200
- Configuring CISCO ACL’s on Routers and Firewalls
- Configuring CISCO devices using HSRP, Trunking, VTP, and Spanning Tree
- Configuring CISCO routers to user protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and IP
- Configuring CISCO FWSM, ASA, IDSM, and IDSM Appliance
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, and ATM
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCNP preferred
- ITIL certification a plus
- Master’s degree a plus
- Network Security experience
- Experience working on federal government contracts
Please reference Position Title and Number in the subject line of your response.
Access Systems, Inc. - 19 months ago