Network Deployment Engineer – Travel Field Support
The successful candidate is responsible for supporting the day-to-day deployment efforts as a member of the Network Deployment Team. Tasking includes preparation, installation and configuration of network equipment (such as routers and switches) and related software, primarily in a Cisco-based environment. Analysis and troubleshooting to resolve network issues is also a core element of this position. The incumbent will work with other teams, such as Network Engineering and the Operations/Maintenance Team to perform these services for end users.
- Load router and switch configurations.
- Installing/Upgrading software.
- Configuring VLANS, ports, and protocols.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Provide installation/configuration coordination at customer sites.
- Meet customer installation timelines and deliverables
- Work with internal teams to fill information gaps
- Must be willing to travel
Additional Qualifications preferred but not required:
- Minimum of 5 years experience with LAN/WAN/MAN Network administration
- Active CCNA certification is strongly preferred; however, additional experience and/or prior CCNA will suffice in lieu of the certification.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- Other skills: Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a self starter who can follow standard process and procedures and work on their own or in small teams with minimal supervision
- Must be highly attentive to details and understand the importance of work quality, but not be afraid to ask questions when the need arises.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and to push forward on projects with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and availability to work overtime and/or provide after-hours support as required.
- Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI access, which will require additional background scrutiny and passing of a CI Poly.
- Technical experience must include network administration, tier I/II operational support, and/or configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs, switches, taclanes, and associated software tools.
- Configuring CISCO switches in one or more of the following series’: 2800, 3500, 3800, and 6500
- Configuring CISCO routers in one or more of the following series’: 3800, 4500, and 7200
- Configuring CISCO ACL’s on Routers
- Knowledge of one or more network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, and ATM
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCNP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- ITIL certification a plus
- Network Security experience
- Experience working on federal government contracts
Please reference Position Title and Number in the subject line of your response.