-Plan, Prepare, Architect, Design, and deploy appropriate network solutions
- Architect, build and manage network infrastructure in a latency sensitive environment such as VoIP
- Maintain a high availability and performance of the Enterprise network
- Identifying, testing and developing new network technologies collaboratively that increase value for the business
-Rapid troubleshooting and repair of network related issues
- Proactively identify technology gaps, develop and implement appropriate solutions
- Ensure that network operate optimally. Requires tracking everything from bandwidth and cpu to all pieces of hardware components
- Work closely with other groups on business projects, problems
- Create guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure the smooth and error-free operations of networks.
- Stay familiar with the relevant current and future technologies and trends
-10+ years of hands-on network development experience on an advanced network.
- Extensive hands-on experience with large L3/L2 network design and development.
- Extensive hands-on experience with IOS, Cisco 7600 hardware platform.
-Extensive knowledge of TCP, UDP, and IP is a must
- Extensive knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technology
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in QoS
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in HA, Statefull Switchover, Gracefull Restart, NSF
- Expert knowledge with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP/RSTP/MSTP.
- Significant knowledge of MPBGP, MPLS, VPLS, MPLS IPVPN, LACP, BFD
- Excellent and rapid network troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Significant documentation skills including Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint schematics.
- Strong communication skills and experience working collaboratively with NOCs
- Good knowledge and 5+ years of experience with network security
- Good knowledge and 5+ years of experience with L4-L7 services such as load balancers.
- Good knowledge of Cisco OER, PfR, VoIP
- Strong knowledge in reading and interpreting data packet capture (Netscout - Infinistream or Wireshark)
- Good knowledge of advanced networking trends
- Experience with Perl Scripting ,Unix Platform and Netflow
- Good knowledge and experience with network management apps such as: Smarts or other major products.
- Very good knowledge and experience with SNMP V2, V3, RADIUS and Tacacs
- Independent worker and enthusiastic team player.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
-Must be on Call support as last resort
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Experience in a 24 x 7 global network environment is a must
iBasis, Inc. (iBasis) is a wholesale carrier of international long distance telephone calls and a provider of retail prepaid calling...