Organization: Technology Growth Platform
Travel: 100% (Monday - Friday)
Accenture is currently seeking professionals with wireless network related experience. As a member of Accenture's Wireless Network capability, you will work with our clients on planning, designing, and implementing wireless network infrastructures. From a planning perspective, you will work with clients to understand key business objectives and drivers, and align network capabilities with those requirements to develop an overall wireless network strategy. Design involves working with clients and network hardware and service vendors to engineer the network infrastructure solution based on client guidelines and requirements. Implementation activities involve building and configuring the network infrastructure, and migrating to the new environment. The ideal candidate for this position will possess knowledge and experience in architecting, engineering, and deploying a wireless network infrastructure, and should have technical experience (hands-on implementation or large-scale engineering) in these areas. In addition, the candidate should also possess strong work planning skills and the ability to interact with client personnel at all levels, along with an understanding of the network implications of business requirements.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Work with clients to develop high-level wireless strategies.
- Perform assessments of existing client wireless network infrastructures and document "as-is" environments as required.
- Organize project work into client presentations outlining findings and recommendations.
- Plan, organize, and manage network design and or implementation projects.
- Implement network infrastructures.
- Perform project management activities including work planning, status reporting, client relationship management, and project financial management.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients.
- Participate in internal and client-facing meetings, prepare reports and presentations.
- Develop internal white papers and knowledge capital on wireless network technology topics.
- 100% Travel
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the Utilities, Oil & Gas or other heavy industrial / manufacturing industry.
Minimum 1 year of experience with design, engineering, operations, or support of one of the following services and/or technologies: Wireless LANs (WLAN), Wireless WANs (WWAN), Microwave Transport, Wireless Mesh, CDMA, GSM, UMTS, HSPA, WiMAX, LMR, P25
Minimum of Bachelors Degree
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years experience in wireless network infrastructure design, engineering, implementation, and/or support.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the Utilities, Oil & Gas or other heavy industrial / manufacturing industry.
- Minimum 4 years experience in project management of network design or implementation projects.
- Can describe a design and architecture (D&A)
- Can describe the interactions between components
- A strong understanding of network protocols is a requirement for network assessments and designs
- Wireless experience in at least one of the following sectors: Enterprise wireless networks, Carrier wireless networks, or Government wireless networks.
- Broad knowledge of various wireless technologies and products (e.g., 802.11, CDMA, HSPA, WiMAX)
- Experience with wireless network operations (e.g., network provisioning, OSS/BSS, device management)
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following vendor products: Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, Nokia-Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent.
- Vendor certifications are strongly preferred (e.g., CCNA, CWNA, CWSP)
- Knowledge of various aspects of RF theory including frequency propagation characteristics, link budgets, antenna patterns and transceiver/receiver/modulation technologies.
- Familiarity with wireless network design tools and equipment (e.g., spectrum analyzers, site survey software, Microsoft Visio and/or other architecture design tool)
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels within the organization, as well as clients and outside vendors.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Strong time-management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 2 years ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...