Network Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA
Click the below link to apply:
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we’re a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are searching for a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will work with a team of Senior Network Engineers & Integration Specialists responsible for all physical cabling, routers, switches, and telecommunications equipment. This position will involve the installation, configuration, maintenance, and administration of Cisco routers and other networking hardware including switches, Access Points, Load Balancers and Firewalls.
If you think you’re a good fit for the Network Engineer position and the team, we’d love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide data network design and analysis.
- Provides planning, leadership, direction, and advanced technical expertise regarding computer and network services for both Partner and Corporate environments.
- Installation and configuration of new connections and networking equipment.
- Day to day support of data networks and networking devices.
- Prioritize own work load to maximize efficiency (e.g., respond effectively to requests for service and assistance from other departments, teams, and/or individuals, without sacrificing focus on longer term projects)
- Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Perform On-call duties as assigned and be able to support 24x7 and International Operations.
- All miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in computer technology or a related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Cisco certified preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of data networking experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, T1, Load Balancers, Cisco switches, access servers and firewalls, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), MPLS, QOS, and VOIP.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very good communication skills, both written and oral, are required.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work at least one weekend per month as part of an on call rotation.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Familiarity with web based software applications a plus.
- Ability to complete additional remote evening and weekend work as required, including having home internet access.
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company is ready to play ball online. MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is the Internet and interactive media arm of Major League Baseball...