Install/maintain network software/hardware, configure new devices and maintain configurations on existing devices, and troubleshoot connectivity issues related to the LAN/MAN/WAN.
- Install and maintain network software and hardware.
- Responsible for configuring new devices and maintaining configurations on existing devices.
- Maintain OS versions on existing network devices.
- Upgrade and maintain asset inventory lists and network drawings.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues related to the LAN/MAN/WAN.
- Design, implementation, and operation of LAN, MAN, and WAN security.
- Monitor network and system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes.
- Participates in strategic planning and development associated with future design direction.
- Minimum five years experience working as a Network Engineer.
- Cisco WAN experience is a must. Experience with OSPF and BGP required.
- Cisco LAN experience is a must. Experience with VLANs and Spanning Tree required.
- Knowledge of Network Protocols (TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP).
- Experience with IP, Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS, and Metro Ethernet.
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting and network diagnostic skills are essential.
- Familiarity with Network monitoring applications such as WhatsUp, Netcool, and/or SolarWinds.
- Experience with diagnostic tools such as Fluke handhelds and NetFlow tools.
Bluegrass Cellular - 23 months ago