Install/maintain network software/hardware, configure new devices and maintain configurations on existing devices, and troubleshoot connectivity issues related to the VMware and SAN Security.
- Install and maintain network software and hardware.
- Responsible for configuring new devices and maintaining configurations on existing devices.
- Maintain OS versions on existing network devices.
- Upgrade and maintain asset inventory lists and network drawings.
- Troubleshoot issues related to the VMware infrastructure & SAN.
- Design, implementation, and operation of VMware & SAN security.
- Monitor network and system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes.
- Participates in strategic planning and development associated with future design direction.
- Minimum five years experience working as a Systems Administrator and/or Network Engineer.
- Cisco LAN experience is a must. Experience with VLANs and Spanning Tree required.
- VMware experience is a must. vSphere 4.0 or higher.
- Knowledge of Network Protocols (TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP).
- Experience with NT/2000/2003/2008 and Active Directory.
- Experience with UNIX and Linux.
- SAN administration experience.
- Hands on iSCSI experience.
Bluegrass Cellular - 22 months ago