Network Deployment Engineer
- ( 2012-FBI20-78 )
The successful candidate is
responsible for introducing changes and/or new architecture to the
operational environment of a large government agency, both unclassified and
classified networks. Support the day-to-day deployment efforts as a member of
the Network Deployment Team. Tasking
includes preparation, installation and configuration of network equipment
(such as routers and switches) and related software, primarily in a
Cisco-based environment. Analysis and troubleshooting to resolve network
issues is also a core element of this position. The incumbent will work with
other teams, such as Network Engineering and the Operations/Maintenance Team
to perform these services for end users.
- Providing router configurations.
- Installing/Upgrading network software.
- Configuring VLANS, ports, and protocols.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network
infrastructure and associated systems.
- Develop and follow standard operating procedures
and checklists, but be able to quickly generate creative solutions when
projects do not go according to expected standards
- Provide installation/configuration coordination
at remote customer sites.
- Manage customer installation timelines and
deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Work with internal teams to fill information
gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Provide escalation support to Customer Support
- Ensure a smooth transition from Deployment to
the Network Operations Team.
- Provide weekly reports on tasks accomplished,
issues and status
- Continued knowledge and certifications will be
expected to be acquired and maintained particularly on the Cisco
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT or Science
is preferred; however, strong non-degree candidates with solid practical
experience in Cisco-based networks will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience with
LAN/WAN/MAN Network administration
- CCNA required, but additional relevant years of
hands-on experience will be considered in lieu of the certification.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project , PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel experience
- Position requires a high level of project
coordination skills to manage the execution of deployment activities.
- Other skills:
Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed. Strong problem solving, creativity,
and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to operate in a close-knit team
environment and work with technical and non-technical staff at all
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced,
dynamic environment, and to push forward on projects with minimal
- Flexibility and availability for occasional after-hours
Secret clearance with ability
to obtain SCI access, which will require additional background scrutiny
and passing of a CI Poly.
- Technical experience must include configuration
of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs, switches, taclanes , and associated software tools.
- Configuring CISCO switches in one or more of
the following series’: 2800,3500, 3800, and 6500
- Configuring CISCO routers in one or more of the
following series’: 3800, 6500, and 7200
- Configuring CISCO ACL’s on Routers and
- Configuring CISCO devices using HSRP, Trunking , VTP, and Spanning Tree
- Configuring CISCO routers to user
protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and IP
- Configuring CISCO FWSM, ASA, IDSM Appliance,
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF,
BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, and ATM
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- CCNP preferred
- ITIL certification a plus
- Bachelors degree a plus (even if non-technical)
- Network Security experience
- Experience working on federal government
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Position Title and Number in
the subject line of your response.
Access Systems, Inc. - 11 months ago