Posting Job Title: Network Engineer III - Edge Routing Team
Requisition #: 143636BR
Posting Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop innovative solutions, maintain network monitoring and management tools, and document procedures.
- Configure, service, and support network equipment, both active and passive, in the core and edge network.
- Troubleshoots and resolves critical network and system issues.
- Project management - document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality, on time, and within budget.
- Mentors and trains other Engineering personnel in key elements of networking systems and provide technical presentations to instruct co-workers and other production services support individuals.
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
- Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all necessary equipment.
- Track all equipment RMA's and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years experience designing large network solutions; experience with WAN technologies is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of DWDM, SONET, ROADM, and fiber optic characteristics experience with Cisco, Ciena/Nortel, or Infinera or Juniper preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN, WAN, and telecommunication equipment.
- Understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical, knowledge of BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, PIM, MPLS, and RIP.
- Must have the ability to lead meetings, facilitate understanding and agreement, and lead network deployments.
- Must be able to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Must have demonstrated experience utilizing structured change and project management methodologies.
- Must be able to perform project management functions, such as developing logical and efficient project plans, establishing priorities, anticipating and avoiding problems, monitoring and managing task completion; providing guidance and training to team members as needed.
- Experience developing disaster recovery and business continuation plans preferred.
- Candidate should have in-depth understanding of:
o Networking Protocols (IPv4, IPv6...)
o Routing Protocols (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, PIM, MPLS, RIP- )
o Optical Networking (DWDM, ROADM- )
o Hybrid Fiber Coax and DOCSIS Technologies
o Security Technologies
o Traffic Engineering/Modeling
o Data Analysis/Modeling
- Travel Requirements:
o Travel 15 %
FCC Unit_TWC: 8342
Controlling Establishment ID: 00066 - Milwaukee ML King
Time Warner Cable - 13 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...