Posting Job Title: Network Engineer- Converged Services
Requisition #: 136172BR
Posting Location: Portland, ME, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Today's cable networks have evolved from simple transport of video signals into state of the art, multi service, routed optical networks capable of reliably carrying terabits of data. Opportunities to work on networks like this don't come along very often, so don't wait to apply!
Our Network Engineers are highly skilled and experienced in the design and operation of national, regional and metro data networks supporting a large array of advanced systems and services. We offer the opportunity to gain training and work with Layer 1 Optical technologies like ROADM, DWDM & CWDM and Layer 2/3 technologies BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IPV4, & IPV6, MPLS, VPRN, Ethernet, Etherchannel, VLAN, VPN.
If you desire a true challenge and have the desire to work with cutting edge network technologies, a career with Time Warner Cable is for you!
Our Engineering Department in Portland, ME is currently seeking a Network Engineer. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Network Engineering group provides planning, design, implementation and operations support of all TWC Optical, IP and other data networks. This position works as a member of the engineering staff primarily to perform work associated with the Implementation and Operations functions as well as providing Planning and Design support as required to accomplish business goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a member of the Engineering team on the development and implementation of new systems or upgrades to existing systems.
- Maintain networks at proper operational levels and consistent with company standards.
- Develop or support development of deployment guides and Method of Procedure documentation.
- Maintain network documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Participate in On-Call rotation to support network trouble resolution during non-business hours
- Required to support disaster recovery/business continuity efforts as required.
- Experience with the implementation and operations of multi-service IP networks and associated transport networks.
- Knowledge of routing, including but not limited to: BGP, MPLS (L2/L3 VPN), ISIS, OSPF/OSPFv3, LDP, RIP-1/2, MSDP, PIM-DM/SM
- Knowledge of switching, including but not limited to: IGMP, 802.XX, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q ), Etherchannel, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP
- Knowledge in the implementation and operation of a wide range of technologies including router, multiplexer, switch as well as transport, routing and signaling protocols including but not limited to Layer 2&3 IP, DWDM, SONET w/APS (OC3-OC192), Cable (DOCSIS)
- Requires ability to evaluate numerous direct and indirect variables when performing some tasks.
- Strong decision making skills to effectively restore network issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work in a professional, cooperative manner to successfully interact with members of cross-functional teams including sales engineering, network engineering, service delivery, construction, operations and finance.
- Proficient using PC, Internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Must possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from a four year-college or university; or equivalent experience and education. Preferred degree in Computer Science, or EE, EET.
- Minimum of 2 years Layer 2 &3 IP network engineering work experience.
- CCNA or equivalent network certification associated with network design, operations or security preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AND FREQUENCY:
May require daily travel to network equipment sites in the area. Possible overnight travel to remote locations with the market, as needed.
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, courtesy cable (in specified areas).
TIME WARNER CABLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FCC Unit_TWC: 4270 - New England
Controlling Establishment ID: 00114 - Portland Johnson
Time Warner Cable - 19 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...