Network & Systems Software Engineer
Vicarious Visions, developer of numerous award winning games, including Skylanders Spyro Adventure, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Tony Hawk, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Network & Systems Software Engineer to join our team of talented developers in creating next generation games across all platforms.
A Software Engineer is a capable engineer with a strong foundation in software development and able to provide leadership in at least one area of expertise. They contribute to complex design and development efforts, may be a lead or sub-lead of a team, and are expected to work in conjunction with senior staff but otherwise be largely self-directed.
This position is for working on Activate, Activision’s cross-platform mobile gaming network. The team employs networking technologies to enable online gameplay and backend services including cloud storage, leaderboards and other social features.
- Implement, debug and optimize systems in C++ and other languages.
- Design complex software systems through consultation and coordination with other software engineers, game designers, visual artists and audio engineers.
- Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
- Assist and mentor junior engineers and coops.
- Promote group standards and best practices.
- Investigate and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools and systems.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work setting, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life. Please apply at
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 3-5 years experience in the game industry or other relevant experience.
- Strong OO design and development in C++.
- Experience with mobile game development (iOS, Android, WP8).
- Experience with networking and client/server architecture.
- Unity and C# are strong plusses.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with other engineers to obtain optimal results.
- A passion for developing high quality games.
United States-New York-Albany
Activision - 19 months ago